Are you a woman and an entrepreneur? Are you a woman in Tech? If your answer is yes, then say hello to Miss Africa Digital Competition. Miss.Africa which is also known as Fempower has called for its sixth round of Seed Fund. It is inviting women in Tech across Africa to apply.
About Miss Africa Digital Competition
The Miss.Africa Digital Program is a gender-focused initiative aimed primarily at female youth audiences in Africa. Its goal is to increase women’s involvement in early technology use and adoption. This is so that digital self-awareness and empowerment can improve, as well as bridge the economic divide through employment or entrepreneurship.
They educate women about the technology industry through mentorship programs. Also through outreach enhancement initiatives, leadership engagement opportunities, and technology-centred learning to develop an all-around woman for the African market. The Miss.Africa program is based in Nairobi, but it is expanding by introducing more African women to technology.
What You Can Benefit From The Program
- Ist prize gets $5,000
- 2nd and 3rd prize gets $1,000 each
- The seed fund award grants the winner a $1,000 media package
- You will get to network with various people in the ICT sector, both online and offline
- Mentoring programs
- Coaching from experts
Who Can Participate?
- Women who are at least 18 years old or representative of a government organisation can participate.
- She must reside in Africa
- Show experience in working with women in computer science or tech space
- Show projects that are eligible for grants. (Like women’s computer science workshops and training, early incubation of female tech entrepreneurs, programming and app development programs, hackathons, and coding boot camps for girls, etc).
April 15th, 2022.