The Ventures Platform Hub is calling for application for the Startup North-East 2020 Virtual Incubation Program. This a 4-month entrepreneurship program designed to help startups solve prevailing problems that affect aid distribution and data management in the NorthEast.
So, if you run a tech-focused startups with solutions to the problems in North-East Nigeria, Apply now.
See Also: Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge 2021 For Early-Stage Entrepreneurs
About Startup North—East Virtual Incubation
This project seeks to identify and support innovative and technology-focused startups whose activities can create solutions to the problems in northeast Nigeria, and especially address gaps in areas of aid distribution and data management.
Basically, successful participants will be supported to deploy their applications to increase the availability of solutions that will support community, government, and donor initiatives in rebuilding the region.
By participating in this program, some of the things you stand to gain include;
- Grant; Business equity-gree funding up to $3,000 each for 6 startups
- Business Advisory; Get access to a pool of mentors and business experts
- Partnerships; Access to a network of partners
See Also: Business Partnership Facility For Business Initiatives With Social Impact On SDGs
Key Areas Of Interest For Solution
If you have solutions, your applications should focus on these areas;
Poor Data Management; This blindsides the aid organisations from knowing the actual gaps in the northeast, which mitigates the efforts of aid distribution and hampers accountability in the region.
Insecurity; Fewer organisations are willing to move outside the capital cities of the northeastern states, to deliver aid to other areas. As a result, it poses a challenge for many organisations to find implementing partners and delivering programs outside of the city.
Poor coordination and lack of good communication; There are poor coordination and lack of good communication among disaster management stakeholders.
Misappropriation of relief materials and funds; Local leaders sometimes divert and sell these relief materials, are nepotistic, and bring only their family members to benefit from the aid provided by development organisations.
Unqualified personnel; The lack of trained personnel in handling aid distribution
Poor data collection; Poor identification of households that require these relief services
Lack of Insight; Non-consultation with local communities to determine actual need
Extortion; Sex for cash, food items and non-food items with vulnerable women and girls in the IDP camps
Mishandling of equipment; Physical cards provided to IDPs for identification, sometimes get missing or are reprinted so many times to enable them to collect the relief materials multiple times.
See Also: U.S Consulate Academy For Women Entrepreneurs 2020
Startup North-East 2020 Virtual Incubation Eligibility Criteria
To apply, and qualify for funds, you must meet the following criteria;
- You must be operating in Nigeria
- Your startup is in idea-stage or early-stage
- Can demonstrate the potential for future scale
- The solution must be solving a problem around the key area of interest
- Your startup has a well-rounded complementary team. i.e. in-house capacity for product vision (What to build), technology (how to build it), and business (how to make money from it)
- As a founder, you should have some unique insight or compelling worldview deep domain expertise and/or a strong grasp of the landscape, an eye for detail tenacity, high conscientiousness, and a bias towards execution
- Your solution should leverage technology.
Startup North-East 2020 Program Timeline
- Call for application 2 Nov – 2 Dec. 2020
- Build Phase 11 Jan. – 19 Jan. 2021
- Virtual Incubation 25 Jan – 25 May 2021
- Demo Day 27 May 2021
See Also: School Enterprise Challenge 2020 For Next Generation Of Entrepreneurs
The deadline for application for the Startup North-East 2020 Virtual Incubation Program is 2 December 2020. So, if meet up the eligible criteria, apply immediately using this link; http://startupne.venturesplatform.com/
Let’s create visibility for your brand today and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice among our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.