The Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship on Entrepreneurship 2021 is now open to applications for students and recent graduates in Africa. It is open to those who desire to solve pressing problems and bring entrepreneurial ideas to life.
If you apply, this initiative will give you the confidence, resources, knowledge, network, and financial support to build a startup with an impact.
The Proven Winning Formula:
Combining students and recent grads with a willingness to learn, take risks and commit themselves fully with best-in-class entrepreneurship training from the Dunin-Deshpande Queen’s Innovation Centre.
The result? Leaders with the exceptional entrepreneurial skillset and mindset to drive social and financial impact
What To Expect
Some of the things to expect in this program include;
- Business Bootcamp will be delivered by Queen’s University faculty and industry leaders. These are people who bring decades of combined entrepreneurship and C-Suite experience
- The Discipline Entrepreneurship Framework, a proven step-by-step framework for scalable startups will be developed at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Pitch coaching and mastery
- Certificate awarded for 100% completion of DDQIC’s essential entrepreneurship training modules
Global Visibility And Network:
- Liaise with mentors and speakers leading innovation and entrepreneurship in North America
- You’ll access a Global Network of Queen’s entrepreneurial alumni
- You’ll join a cohort of thousands of like-minded students and recent grads from across Africa
- Together with other fellows, you will be matched to industry leaders and entrepreneurs in the final phase of the program
- You’ll receive feedback at important startup milestones
- 15 Fellows will receive a stipend of $500 CAD
- Opportunities to pitch for funding in Dunin-Deshpande Queen’s Innovation Centre seed funding competitions.
Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship On Entrepreneurship 2021 Program Timeline
The entire program will be in four phases;
Phase 1: Explore – December 2020 – February 2021
Firstly, 1000 exceptional candidates will receive access to a curated list of online entrepreneurship courses and work through the first 11 steps of the Disciplined Entrepreneurship Framework workbook. Also, candidates have several months to demonstrate their commitment to the entrepreneurial process by completing the training and progressing on their ideas’ respective milestones.
Phase 2: Ignite – February –April 2021
Then, 30 finalists with an outstanding commitment to the entrepreneurship process who will have excelled at the milestones set out in phase one will be selected to join this phase. Under this phase, they will continue to go through an additional curated list of additional online entrepreneurship courses and work through the remaining steps of the Disciplined Entrepreneurship Framework’s workbook. At the end of this phase, the participants will pitch their ideas, competing for the fellowship, and the most advanced and promising business ideas will become the finalists who will receive the fellowship.
Phase 3: Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship on Entrepreneurship – April – August 2021
15 Fellows will be selected to join DDQIC’s summer incubation program. During this phase, Fellows will get the opportunity to work on their ideas, access seed funding, and participate in weekly 3-2-1 pitch presentations about the work they are doing as they transform their ideas into scalable startups. In addition, Fellows will receive a $500 stipend and dedicated coaches and mentors from DDQIC’s Global Network of industry experts and entrepreneurs.
Phase 4: Graduation – August 2021
Startup entrepreneurs (Fellows) will complete their incubation program at the end of August 2021. After graduation, Fellows will continue to receive post-incubation services, supports, and pitch competition opportunities as part of DDQIC’s network. Fellows will receive invites to participate as ambassadors and mentors for future Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship as well.
The deadline for application for the Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship on Entrepreneurship 2021 is November 30, 2020. Are you interested in this opportunity? Use this link to apply; https://www.queensu.ca/innovationcentre/jim-leech-fellowship
Let’s create visibility for your brand today and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice among our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.