Horizon Legacy is calling for everyone with ideas on how to revolutionise the construction industry to apply for the Marco Polo 100 Digital Build Challenge.
This is an open innovation challenge created with the aim of achieving the mission to build affordable housing using new construction technologies and processes.
Do you have ideas on how to do this, apply now.
See Also: IREX Community Engagement Exchange (CEE) Program For Young Innovators
The Marco Polo 100 Digital Build Challenge
Horizon is looking for passionate individuals around the world who have innovative solutions that can help them bring their vision to life. Horizon wants your ideas and will partner with you to realize them. Also, they will provide land, technical expertise, and funding to actualize and build the chosen concepts. At the end of the journey, the goal is to have several completed buildings that are operational and places where people can call their homes.
Basically, the Marco Polo 100 Digital Build Challenge is open to everyone.
See Also: Sankalp Africa Awards 2021 For Outstanding Entrepreneurs
Who Can Apply?
No matter whether you are a startup, entrepreneur, inventor, industry professional, educator, or student around the globe. You can be from fields including but definitely not limited to 3D- printing, prefabrication technologies robotics, architecture, engineering, manufacturing, and construction.
Horizon expert mentors & partner associations will support you during the whole process to help you advance in all aspects that you do not have expertise in yet.
See Also: NTEEP 2021 – Nomfro Technologies’ Entrepreneurship Empowerment Project For African Startups ($500 Worth Of Credit)
Prizes And Benefits
There are prizes slated for different stages of the challenge. They include;
Stage 2: For all teams selected for the 2 stage.
- Awards and certificate for best new ideas, innovation, design
- Mentorship & feedback
Stage 3: For all teams selected for the 3 stage
- Technical, financial, business support
- Stipend for travel of Toronto, Canada
- Up to $140,000 of investments and $15,000 of cash
- Royalty of $15/sq meter ($1.39/sq ft). Royalties received after the Challenge
- Intellectual property maintenance fee of $65,000
Stage 4 – For the winning team
- Technical, financial, business support
- Up to $10,000,000 of investments and $200,000 cash prize
- Royalty of $20/sq meter ($1.86/sq ft). Royalties received after the Challenge
- Intellectual property maintenance fee of $250,000
See Also: FG/TiimAfrica Project Grow 100 For Nigerians ($5,000 Grant)
Marco Polo 100 Digital Build Challenge Timeline
The program is in 4 stages;
- Stage 1 Qualifying Round – Oct. 1, 2020 – Jan. 11, 2021
- Identification of the best ideas from around the world that demonstrate the potential for savings in cost, time while using innovative construction technologies/processes.
- Stage 2 Design (Semi-Finals) – Jan. 22 – August 2021
- Up to 20 teams will work with Horizon and its support team to develop & evaluate their plans to construct a futuristic building in an innovative way.
- Stage 3 Small Building (Finals) – Aug 2021 – Aug 2022
- Up to 5 teams will work with Horizon and its support team to build a Small Building, intended to showcase the innovative technology/process and scalability
- Stage 4 Big Building (Grand Prize) – After Aug 2022
- One team will be selected to partner with Horizon to build a livable Big Building in Southern Ontario, Canada.
See Also: Lagos Begins Recruitment For The Lagos Agripreneurship Programme (LAP)
The deadline for the Marco Polo 100 Digital Build Challenge is January 11, 2021. Do you want to participate in this challenge, use this link to apply; https://horizonlegacy.agorize.com/en/challenges/marco-polo-100-digital-build-challenge?lang=en
Let’s create visibility for your brand today and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice among our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.