The Women’s Economic Empowerment Accelerator 2021, a GSBI Online Accelerator of the Miller Center for Social Entrepreneurship is currently recruiting for the next cohort program. This is a program for social enterprises, taking a 360-degree approach to supporting women.
It is supporting social enterprises with women as leaders, employees, customers/users/beneficiaries, and value chain contributors.
About The Women’s Economic Empowerment Accelerator 2021
The Women’s Economic Empowerment Accelerator is the first-ever edition of the GSBI Online Accelerator Cohort and set to kick off in February 2021.
Miller Center delivers world-class accelerator programs that connect global social enterprise leaders with business executives to develop more sustainable, scalable market-based solutions to the problems of those living in poverty around the world.
In support of the UN Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 5, Miller Center is focused on supporting women’s economic growth. Investing in women’s economic empowerment (WEE) globally sets a direct path toward gender equality, poverty eradication, and inclusive economic growth.
Basically, the initiative wants to support social enterprises that are taking a robust and holistic approach to supporting women in all aspects of the business. The goal is to bring social enterprises that have a gender lens strategy together to offer mentorship and help build sustainable and scalable businesses.
About GSBI Online Accelerator
GSBI offers 6 months of highly customized mentorship and content. GSBI programs offer many benefits to selected social entrepreneurs, including;
- Proven Program: Experience Miller Center’s structured, proven curriculum that has helped over 1,000 social enterprises attain operational excellence and prepare for investment
- Mentors: You will be accompanied by executive mentors with expertise in innovation and entrepreneurship who are your trusted advisors.
- No Charge: All Miller Center GSBI accelerator programs are offered at no charge to selected social enterprises.
Who Can Apply?
You can apply if you run a social enterprise that;
- Address gender issues and promote gender equity by having:
- Women-owned or –led teams
- Products or services that substantially improve the lives of women and girls
- A focus on workplace equity in staffing, management, and boardroom representation
- A focus on workplace equity along their supply chain
- Also, focused on serving the poor, including people living in poverty as leaders, customers/users/beneficiaries, employees, and/or supply chain partners
- Have a clear commitment to and a pathway toward an earned revenue model with the potential for scale
- You’ve been in operation for one or more years
- You are willing to commit 3 – 6 hours per week to complete program deliverables and work with mentors online.
Women’s Economic Empowerment Accelerator 2021 Timeline
- Applications deadline; December 1, 2020
- Selection and interviews; December – January 2021
- Finalists selected by end of January
- GSBI Online accelerator program commences mid-February
- GSBI Online accelerator program ends mid-August
If you’re interested in this opportunity, the Women’s Economic Empowerment Accelerator 2021 application ends by December 1, 2020. So, use this link to apply; https://www.millersocent.org/wee-accelerator/
Let’s create visibility for your brand today and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice among our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.