The 2021/22 Skoll Scholarship is providing full funding plus a living stipend for social entrepreneurs worldwide. This is an opportunity for those who are driving a positive impact in the world with access to complete an MBA at the University of Oxford’s Saïd Business School.
So, if this sounds like you, this is a real time opportunity.
About The 2021/22 Skoll Scholarship
The Skoll Scholarship is a competitive scholarship for incoming MBA students to Said Business School, University of Oxford, who pursue entrepreneurial solutions for urgent social and environmental challenges. The Scholarship covers the full course fees for the MBA programme, as well as partial living expenses of at least an additional £14,985.
It provides funding for entrepreneurs who have set up or have been working in entrepreneurial initiatives with a social purpose or who have pursued an impact career, and who wish to improve their knowledge of market-oriented practices so they can be more effective in their subsequent social change pursuits.
Also, in addition to financial support, the scholarship provides access to the Skoll Scholar community, a group of leaders who are positively impacting the world through innovation and systems changes, as well as exclusive opportunities to meet with world-renowned entrepreneurs, thought leaders, and investors.
The scholarship is given in recognition that the MBA may represent a significant financial burden, particularly for those who have chosen to work in the social impact/innovation space rather than the purely commercial or public sectors.
How To Apply To The 2021/22 Skoll Scholarship
- Apply to the MBA Program + include your Skoll Scholarship essay.
- Get Accepted unto the MBA program
- Complete the Skoll Scholarship Logistics and Reference form.
To be eligible for the Skoll Scholarship, you must fulfill the following criteria;
1. Entrepreneurial action
- You have identified opportunities and taken action in order to make a positive social impact.
- You have spent preferably at least 3 years driving change through entrepreneurial approaches. For example, you could have: started or grown a social venture; OR created and led the expansion of a social impact initiative within an organisation; OR been tackling a specific social/environmental issue, through a core thread that unites your work.
2. Creating Impact with a focus on systems change
- You can demonstrate the outcomes and impact of your entrepreneurial action
- Your impact addresses unjust systems and practices in your area of work
3. Personal qualities of a social entrepreneur
- First, you are a force for positive change
- You are single-minded and persistent, with a willingness to fail and start again
- You have a bias toward action
- Also, you have a tendency to explore your environment for opportunities and resources
- You have a willingness to take personal, and sometimes financial, risks
- You develop networks and leverage members to pursue mutual goals
- And, you have apprenticed with the problem* or experienced the problem you are trying to solve
4. The Oxford MBA is critical to your career trajectory
- You can demonstrate why business education is essential in helping to develop your work/impact at this stage
5. Financial need
- You are in a position where the cost of the programme is a significant financial burden
- You can demonstrate the need for the scholarship (for example, due to previous work experiences or personal circumstances).
To be considered, you must apply to the Oxford MBA programme during specific stages of the school’s application rounds.
Then, timelines for the 2021-22 academic year are as follows (please note exact dates are to be confirmed and subject to change):
- Apply for the Oxford Saïd MBA during stages 1, 2 or 3 (including submitting your Skoll Scholarship essays) – Apply by 8 January 2021 (at the latest)
- MBA final decision from Oxford Saïd – March 2021
- Skoll Scholarship Logistics and Reference Form sent to accepted candidates – March 2021
- Skoll Scholarship Logistics and Reference Form submission deadline – Early April 2021
- First Stage Interviews (Virtual) – End April/Early May 2021
- Final Stage Interviews (Virtual) – May 2021
- Skoll Scholarship Final Decision – May 2021
There are many benefits to being a Skoll Scholar; being part of a global community of change leaders as well as studying your MBA in one of the most prestigious institutions in the world.
The deadline for application is January 21, 2021. So, if you meet up the eligibility criteria, you can apply for the 2021/22 Skoll Scholarship using this link; https://skollscholarship.org/connect
Let’s create visibility for your brand today and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice among our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.