The Acumen West Africa fellowship 2021 is calling for application. This is open to entrepreneurs, entrepreneurs, and organization-builders from both public and private sectors who want to model a new type of leadership grounded in hope and dignity. The fellowship will run from January 2021 to December 2021.
See Also: 100 Profitable business ideas to start now for aspiring entrepreneurs and investors.
Acumen West Africa Fellowship
The Acumen West Africa Fellowship provides practical skills to meet moral imagination in the intensive year-long leadership development program. It is designed to equip extraordinary individuals with the tools, mindset, and community to tackle poverty and injustice in their communities.
- You join a diverse cohort of social change leaders in a rigorous year-long experience.
- Improve your capacity to innovate and drive change with a mix of in-person and online seminars.
- Part-time – you stay in your job while participating in four 5-day seminars in various locations across West Africa.
Beyond Year 1
- Be a part of a lifelong fellowship that extends beyond your first year
- Join a larger local and global community committed to a world beyond poverty and injustice.
West Africa is home to some of the world’s fastest-growing economies and it will require a different type of leadership to ensure that the fruits of this growth are felt by all. It will require leaders grounded in integrity, and relentless in their pursuit of equity and injustice.
The West Africa Fellowship will bring together entrepreneurs, entrepreneurs, and organization-builders from both the public and private sectors who are modeling this leadership, and who are hungry to do more.
See Also: Gemini Enterprises Africa – Gemini Uplift Initiative Calling For Application From Startups
The Acumen West Africa fellows are extraordinary leaders who dare to embrace the difficult journey of social change. It is open to;
- Entrepreneurs: Leaders of both for-profit and nonprofit organizations providing critical goods or services to the underserved.
- Intrapreneurs: Builders from any sector tackling poverty and injustice from within by shifting the institutional culture—and building new collaborations.
- Organizational Builders: Leaders (other than the Founder or CEO) supporting the growth of institutions combating poverty and injustice
See Also: UNICEF Innovation Fund For Blockchain Startups – $100K In USD And/Or Cryptocurrency
Acumen West Africa Fellowship 2021 Curriculum
The Fellowship curriculum is centered around the principles of moral leadership:
- Adaptive Leadership: Based on Ron Heifetz’s work; adaptive Leadership is a practical leadership framework that supports fellows’ ability to catalyse and embrace the gradual and meaningful process of creating change.
- Authentic Voice: Grounded in Marshall Ganz’s life’s work, the Authentic Voice curriculum allows the fellows to develop the capacity to articulate a hopeful vision, speak across lines of difference, and move others into action.
- Good Society Readings: Modeled off The Aspen Institute, the Good Society Readings explore the meaning of a just society and the moral and historical foundation of social change through text-based dialogue.
- Managing Polarities: Based on Barry Johnson’s work, Polarities aims to cultivate an individual’s ability to lead effectively when opposing but interdependent and equally important values are in tension.
- Systems Thinking: Fellows explore the concept of Systems Thinking by working collaboratively on live challenges—enabling them to better understand larger, systemic problems and design more effective interventions.
The fellowship application process consists of these steps;
- Application for stage 1 closes on 6 August 2020
- Complete Stage 2 application between 7 Sept and 24 Sept
- Attend an in-person Selection Conference in mid-November
- Then, fellows will be announced in January 2021
The application for Acumen West Africa Fellowship 2021 deadline is August 6th 2020. You can read more and apply through this link https://www.acumenacademy.org/fellowship/wa
Let’s help you put your business on the world map and increase your brand’s visibility. Contact us today so we can start.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram