The Jack Ma Foundation has announced calls for invitations for Africa’s Business Heroes Prize Competition 2021. The 2021 edition of Africa’s Business Heroes Prize Competition is focused on trying to identify and support African entrepreneurs who are making a difference in their communities. This competition is made for you if you are currently working to solve pressing issues in your community and have products and services that will ignite a more inclusive and sustainable economy for the future.
Africa’s Business Heroes Prize Competition is open to Africans and people whose parents are Africans currently building products and solutions on the continent. They are accepting applications from all entrepreneurs from all sectors who operate formally registered businesses headquartered on the African continent.
For this year’s competition, the Foundation will select the 10 best applications to compete in a final pitch competition that will be recorded and broadcast online and on television across the African continent. The 10 finalists will be up for a share in the total grant prize of $1.5 million.
Who Can Apply?
- A Founder or Co-Founder of a company operating and headquartered on the African Continent
- Citizen of an African country or a child/grandchild of an African citizen
- A company that is formally registered and operating in an African country, with its headquarters also on the African continent
- A company that is 3 years old or more and has at least 3 years of revenue history.
- You get the opportunity to pitch to global business icons and receive advice from them
- Get international news coverage and publicity via news articles, press releases, TV/radio/print interviews, and televised Africa’s Business Heroes Show
- You get access to a community of key stakeholders. judges, and ABH alumni
- Tailored feedback, mentorship, and training from global business icons, partners, and judges
- The top 10 finalists will win grants funds ranging from $100,000- $300,000
How To Apply
- You need to write an online application
- Applicants are required to film and upload 3 separate 1-minute videos focusing on the following:
- Self and company introduction
- Team introduction and testimonial
- Customer testimonial
- You have to submit a written referrence letter from a partner, teammate, mentor or friend. The testimonial must focus on your character, work ethic, passion and drive.
The deadline for application is on June 7, 2021
We have 35 booming business ideas and step-by-step guides to start them. It’s a strategic and financial breakdown of the most lucrative businesses in Nigeria. Get it now and start building the business of your dream.
Let’s create visibility for your brand today and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice among our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.