Applications are open for suitably qualified individuals to apply for the Afritex Edtech Innovation Challenge 2021. The challenge is targeted at helping young Nigerians to build skills, develop ideas and connect with like-minded individuals to work towards the shared goal of strengthening the Nigerian educational ecosystem using technology.
In an official statement on their website, Afritex said, “The EdTech Innovation Challenge is an initiative to find creative technology and solutions with the potentials of transforming Nigeria’s Education system with a focus on leveraging the power of Artificial Intelligence to positively impact the existing educational ecosystem.”
Who Can Apply?
The Afritex Edtech Innovation Challenge 2021 is open to all young Nigerians from all walks of life including the following:
- Secondary School Students
- Tertiary Institution Students
- R & D practitioners
The project must address one or more the following categories:
- Curriculum Applications
- School Management System
- Students with disabilities
- Lifelong Learning Applications
Additionally, an applicant’s project must meet the following specifications:
- It must be categorized as part of the EdTech industry
- Must have Artificial Intelligence or Cyber Security on the forefront or as part of the application
- It should impact earning or enable better management of the education process
- It can disrupt or supplement current education settings or ecosystems
- Must be for-profit
- It must have commercial applications
- It must be inventive, innovative, or disruptive
- The business proposal must be original work and applicants must hold all applicable rights
- It must be submitted in the English Language
- Team-based projects must select one person to submit the application and to serve as the team’s representative throughout the competition.
- Applicants must make sure that their product/service is disruptive, innovative, and inventive
- You must have an original product/service
- Applicants must have scalable and commercially viable applications
What Do You Stand To Gain?
If you emerge the challenge overall winner or a winner of any of the 4 categories, you will receive technical mentoring from NINE and iHub. Additionally, winners will each receive funding for their ideas.
How To Apply
All applications for the EdTech 2021 Innovation Challenge should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively, visit this link for more information.
The deadline for the Afritex Edtech Innovation Challenge is April 26, 2021.
Let’s create visibility for your brand today and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice among our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.