Applications are now open to participants across the continent for the CBN/AFF eNaira Hackathon 2022. The Hackathon structure will be Hybrid (Physical and Virtual). The physical event will hold in AFF premises for Lagos and a designated location by CBN in Abuja.
Innovators will develop use cases for eNaira in the following target areas. There is also an option to innovate outside these areas [Wildcard Innovations].
The Africa Fintech Foundry (AFF) in partnership with the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Hackathon 2022 will bring together top talents to ideate on use-cases for e-Naira. The newly introduced CBDC (eNaira) would be vital in ensuring a competitive digital economy in the future. It will also support the efficient functioning of the new markets that use these technologies, thereby fostering competition and innovation.
Apply also for the World Bank #YouthActOnEDU Spoken Word Competition.
The Goal Of CBN/AFF eNaira Hackathon
The overall goal of the Hackathon is to make the eNaira the African Gateway to Digital Economy.
- Macroeconomic Growth: Improve macroeconomic management and growth in the country and continent at large
- Cross-Border Trade: Facilitating cross-border trades between various countries in Africa and across the ocean
- Financial Inclusion: Exploring various products that will bring banking services to the unbanked
- Monetary Policies: Exploring various solutions to efficiently manage the supply and demand of money in the country
- Improved Payments: Improving the infrastructure for payments and ensuring little to no failures
- Improved Tax Collection: Efficiently collecting taxes for the government and ensuring debtors are easily recognised and charged
- Improved Remittances: Improving the flow of foreign currencies into the country and ensuring it is properly recorded
- Targeted Interventions: Easily carry out interventions such as social interventions in times of crisis and ensure it gets to the citizens individually
CBN/AFF eNaira Hackathon Prize
The top 10 teams will be rewarded with cash prizes in eNaira and will enjoy other benefits/services provided by partners/services.
Application Deadline: July 21, 2022
To apply, use the following link or visit the official page of the hackathon here.
See also, CVC-AEIS Innovation Challenge 2022 For Nigerian Students.
Image credit: affcbnhack.com