The Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition 2020 is receiving applications from entrepreneurs from all over the world. This is a call for youths and adults who have innovative ideas and projects with a societal impact.
See Also: StartLife Accelerate Fall 2020 – For Food And AgTech Startup All Over The World
About The Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition 2020
The Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition (CEC) is a part of the Entrepreneurship Campus. It was initiated to empower entrepreneurs all around the world to create innovative answers to global and/or community challenges and to engage in a more peaceful and sustainable world.
Hence, you are invited to submit your innovative ideas and projects with a societal impact, which champions and implement one or more of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The SDGs and 169 related targets address the most important social, economic, environmental, health, and governmental challenges of our time.
Who Can Apply
This is an opportunity for;
Anyone who is 13 years old and over with an innovative idea for an enterprise which contributes to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). And everyone from 13 years up who is operating such an enterprise in the form of a business, a non-profit organization or an informal program.
Anyone who is able to submit their entry in English.
Depending on your age, you either take part in the Youth (13 – 29 years old) or the Adult (from 30 years up) category.
See Also: Startup Climate Action – For Startups Fighting Climate Change
Prizes And Recognition
Grand Prize, 2nd Prize, 3rd Prize and People’s Choice Prize winners will be selected in each of the two categories;
Entries will be posted on the competition website and are subject to online commenting and public voting. Then, ten finalists in Youth (idea & project) and Adult (idea & project) categories will be determined. This will be according to votes and the Personal Activity Indicator Algorithm.
More so, Finalists are to submit a video of their idea/project if they have not done so yet. The video can be a maximum of 3 minutes long, longer videos cannot be considered!
From among the finalists, the judges will make the final selection of three winners (Grand Prize, 2nd Prize, and 3rd Prize) in each category. Entries will be evaluated based on; entrepreneurial vision, feasibility, innovation, leadership, social impact, sustainability, among other factors. The People’s Choice is awarded to the participant with the most votes. And, they are automatically among the finalists.
See Also: Africa Online Safety Fund For Solution That Addresses Online Safety – Apply Now
- Grand Prize winners will receive a virtual Gold Badge and a Certificate.
- Second Prize winners will receive a virtual Silver Badge and a Certificate.
- Third Prize winners will receive a virtual Bronze Badge and a Certificate.
- People’s Choice Prize winners will receive a virtual Gold Badge and a Certificate.
- Finalists not chosen as prize winners will receive an Honorable Mention Badge.
- In addition to the certificate, the winners of the Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition 2020 also have the chance to receive input and feedback from experts in a 90-minute webinar. This gives you the opportunity to clarify open questions, network, and promote your idea/project and maybe find supporters outside of the CEC community.
Timeline For Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition 2020
- May 4, 2020: Start of the Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition
- July 6, 2020: Start of Voting, Commenting and Sharing
- September 30, 2020: Deadline for new entries | Publication of the entries
- October 30, 2020: Deadline for Votes and Comments
- November 6, 2020: Announcement of Finalist
- November 16, 2020: Deadline for videos from finalists
- December 7, 2020: Deadline for Panel of Judges: the selection of the winners
- December 10, 2020: Online award ceremony
The deadline for the Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition 2020 is September 30, 2020. So, if you have an interest in the competition, this is the time to join the challenge. Read more and apply here; https://www.entrepreneurship-campus.org/about-the-competitions/
Let’s create visibility for your brand today and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice among our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.