The Click-on Kaduna Data Science Fellowship Programme call for entry is ongoing. This is an opportunity to upgrade your skills, develop a career in data science, and make an impact using data for evidence-based decision making.
About Click-on Kaduna Data Science Fellowship Programme
The Click-On Kaduna Data Science Fellowship Programme is a digital skill and development Programme implemented by the Kaduna Bureau of Statistics which is aimed at training data management professionals over the next 4 years. A total of 100 young people will be trained in Data Science and the use of modern tools to improve public policy and decision making in Kaduna State. The Data Science Fellowship Programme is part of the Kaduna State Data Lab Project jointly implemented by the Kaduna State Government, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and Natview Foundation for Technology Innovation.
The Programme is expected to last for a 6-month period divided into a 3-months intensive training programme and a 3-months paid internship, where participants would have an opportunity to work closely with the Amina J. Mohammed SDGs Data Lab under the Kaduna State Bureau of Statistics. Fellows will also be posted to MDAs especially the State Ministry of Health and Other Agencies to support in data coordinating efforts that will provide impact to society.
As part of the state’s commitment to improving the use of evidence for decision making, the state over the period of the 5 years would be employing 25 participants to join the State Civil Service in supporting its vision.
Participants of the program will benefit from the following;
- A chance to upgrade your skills and develop a career in the most sought after industry in the world.
- An opportunity to work with a team of public policy experts, Data Analysts to contribute to development planning, public policy, and use of data for evidence-based decision making in the health sector.
- 6 months of fully paid internship programme with industry leaders and stakeholders within the health sector.
- Model data using Artificial Intelligence and machine learning tools within the Amina J. Mohammed SDGs Data Lab.
- Build a sustainable network within the Data Science Ecosystem.
You are eligible to apply if you meet the following criteria;
Age: 18yrs – 35yrs except for exceptional cases
Location: The State of residence must be in Kaduna
Academic Qualifications: Graduate of Tertiary Institutions in any of the STEMS courses particularly; Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Physical Sciences, and any other health-related discipline. Undergraduates within the STEM fields identified who are doing their 6months to 1-year Internships are also encouraged to apply.
Competency Level: For people with the following skills:
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Basic Knowledge around using Data & Understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Problem Solving Skills
- Communication Skills(Written and Verbal English)
Gender: 50% gender balancing and distribution will be considered during selection process.
The deadline for entry for the Click-on Kaduna Data Science Fellowship Programme is August 31, 2020. If you meet up the eligible criteria, you can learn more and apply using this link; https://datascience.click-onkaduna.ng/
Let’s create visibility for your brand today and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice among our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.