The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) has launched the internship immersion programme for young graduates in ECOWAS institutions. This programme seeks to achieve the following:
- The Program offers a real opportunity for young graduates, to learn the practical realities of office work both technically and administratively.
- To gain the experience of an international organization, and to live in a multicultural environment.
- The Program has provided considerable support to ECOWAS Departments, Agencies, Resident Representations, and Institutions, by reducing the workloads of ECOWAS staff and offers the opportunity for the graduates to contribute and apply their knowledge and skills accordingly.
See also, Orange Corners Incubation Programme for Nigerian Entrepreneurs 2022.
Objectives of the Internship
- Contribute to the professional integration of young graduates, by offering them the opportunity to get to know ECOWAS programs better, at the same time for the Interns to offer their contribution for efficiency in overall program implementation.
- Offer the possibility of an immersion (internship) in the services of the regional institution (Institutions, Agencies, Departments, Resident Representations);
- Create a framework that allows young graduates to contribute to the implementation of major ECOWAS programs within Departments, Agencies, Representations, and Institutions
- Young people acquire professionalizing experience through their immersion in ECOWAS programs, essential for their career.
- Young graduates contribute to the implementation of ECOWAS programs.
- Young graduates from ECOWAS Member States of 35 years old maximum.
- Be a citizen of an ECOWAS Member States.
- Be a student or hold a Certificate, at the Bachelor (BSc), Master, PhD or equivalent certificate.
- a request to the ECOWAS Commissioner in charge of Human Development and Social Affairs which describes the motivation of the candidate with expression of his centers of interest, as well as the candidate’s commitment to respect the terms and conditions of the internship.
- ▪ a Curriculum vitae.
- ▪ a copy of a national identity card or passport (ID).
- ▪ a copy of the academic certificate or its equivalent
ECOWAS Internship Immersion Programme Benefits
- The immersion course lasts one year.
- A flat monthly allowance of $500 over a maximum period of 12 months, for the intern wishing to carry out the internship in their country of origin.
- A flat monthly allowance of $800 over a maximum period of 12 months, for interns wishing to complete their internship in a country other than their own.
- A return ticket from the country to the host country for interns doing their internship in a country other than their own.
- Health insurance for the Intern, to deal with possible cases of illness.
Application deadline is 28 September 2022. Hurry up and apply now through this link or visit the official website of the programme for additional details.