Applications for the European Innovation Council Accelerator Fund is currently on.
The EIC Accelerator supports individual Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), particularly startups and spinout companies, to develop and scale-up game-changing innovations. In some cases, small mid-caps (up to 500 employees) are supported.
The EIC Accelerator provides substantial financial support with:
- Grant funding (non-dilutive) of up to €2.5 million for innovation development costs.
- Investments (direct equity investments) of up to €15 million managed by the EIC Fund for scale up and other relevant costs.
In addition, EIC selected companies to receive coaching, mentoring, access to investors and corporates, and many other opportunities as part of the EIC community.
See also Commonwealth Youth Awards.
Eligibility For The European Innovation Council Accelerator Fund
- Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).
- Spinout companies.
- Business owners.
The EIC welcomes applications from innovators in all EU Member States and countries associated with the Horizon Europe program. It particularly welcomes applications from startups and SMEs with female CEOs.
What You Stand To Gain From The European Innovation Council Accelerator Fund
- Non-dilutive grant support of up to €2.5 million for innovative development expenses.
- EIC Fund investments (direct equity investments) of up to €15 million for scale up and other related expenditures.
- Access to investors.
- EIC Accelerator Open funding is for breakthrough innovations in any field of technology and application.
- EIC Accelerator Challenge funding targets breakthrough innovations with major impacts on:
- Strategic Digital and Health technologies.
- Green Deal innovations for the economic recovery.
You can apply for the EIC Accelerator funding at any time through the EIC platform.
Submit a video pitch and a slide deck and respond to a short set of questions about your innovation and your team.
You will normally receive feedback within four weeks. Suppose your application meets the basic criteria for EIC Accelerator funding. In that case, you will be invited to prepare a full application to submit to one of the periodic cut-off dates for Accelerator Open or Accelerator Challenge funding.
Experts will assess your full application against the full criteria for EIC Accelerator funding. If your application meets all of the requirements, you will be invited for a face to face interview with an EIC jury as the final step in the selection process.
Applications that meet all the criteria at the remote evaluation stage and are assessed positively by the EIC jury but not recommended for funding will be awarded a Seal of Excellence to help them secure funding from other sources. Companies with a Seal of Excellence can also get support from EIC Business Acceleration Services.
To be eligible for a Seal of Excellence, you must consent to share some basic information about your application with other funding and support organisations.
You should apply on or before 6th October 2021.
How To Apply
Visit the website to apply.
Want to start a business and do not know how to start? Visit our resource centre to get our business guides to help you start, market and grow a sustainable business.