The AngelHub & WHub Global Start-up Competition (GSC) is a brand-new competition. GSC’s mission is to discover the finest global tech companies scaling in Asia and help them reach their full potential by equipping them with the visibility, network, and investment they need to succeed.
Following the success of GSC Round 1, Round 2 will now be launched. Round 1 began on one of the days of the StartmeupHK Festival week, as part of the Startup Impact Summit 2020.
The program hosted regional startup competition round shows in 12 countries throughout EMEA and Asia, bringing together notable entrepreneurs, investors, and corporations from each area. All regional winners will then be asked to compete and present themselves in front of over 3,000 people and important players in the innovation and tech sector at the GSC Grand Finale, which will be revealed soon.
See also SME Recovery Loan Scheme.
Eligibility For The Global Start-Up Competition
To be eligible for this competition, you should have the following requirements;
- A firm that is tech-enabled.
- Intending to scale your business into or already operating in Asia.
- Aiming for a minimum of USD 1,000,000 in funding.
- Establishing a minimal viable product (MVP) and gaining first market traction.
- Committed full-time co-founders and a passionate staff.
What You Stand To Gain From The Global Start-Up Competition
- Winners of the GSC Finale will be eligible for up to USD1, 000,000 in equity investment and up to USD10, 000 in cash prize money, as well as a set cash award to cover travel expenses (amount varies by region).
- Funding: Pitch your business for a chance to win a cash award of up to $10,000 and a $1,000,000 equity investment prize.
- Resources: Leverage business relationships, networking events throughout Asia and EMEA networks, and a Softlanding package into the Greater Bay Area with our Softlanding package.
- Gain worldwide visibility in front of a select group of investors, media partners, and industry experts.
The Selection Process
- Step 1: Apply to pitch in one of the local events.
- Step 2: Evaluation and pre-screening by the selection committee.
- Step 3: Pitch at Local Startup Competition. Judges will select 1 champion per local event.
- Step 4: Grand Finale in #SIS20, 2020 in Hong Kong. Each local champion will have the opportunity to compete in front of a prestigious investment committee composed of top investors, industry experts, CEOs, and tech entrepreneurs in the Asian region.
How To Apply
Visit their website to apply.
Want to start a business and do not know how to start? Visit our resource centre to get our business guides to help you start, market and grow a sustainable business.