How do you ask for a referral? In this video, you will learn how to ask for a referral from your customers. Subscribe to our channel to learn how to start and run a sustainable business.
Visit our resource centre to get our premium resources to help you start, market and grow a sustainable business.
The most basic and important form of marketing is word-of-mouth marketing. It’s one of the cheap ways to promote your business. If you offer quality service or sell a quality product that offers value for money, you should ask your customer to refer you to their network.
A referral is the same as word of mouth marketing and brings in new, likely loyal customers. These customers are the best that a company can have, as they are 3X more likely to buy your product or service. Therefore, referrals are a powerful selling tool.
Oftentimes, we shy away from asking for reviews and referrals because we don’t want to be seen as pushy. However, you should ask for a referral directly if you have done a good job, as referrals are essential to bringing in valuable new clients. In addition, it’s human nature; people would rather do business with people they know or referred to than a stranger.
There’s nothing as effective in converting people to your business as an endorsement from family or friends. It’s like a five-star review.
How Do You Go About Asking For A Referral?
1) Deliver value and go over and beyond.
2) When you start work with a client, make a simple deal with them; they will tell others if you do a great job for them.
3) Let your customers know who your target audience is; that way, their referral is relevant to your business. Also, be specific about the kind of people you want.
4) Develop a referral system that rewards.
5) Network and make the most of every networking opportunity.
6) Reciprocate and refer too; make a note of clients that refer people to you so that when you come across someone who needs their service, you can refer the person to them.
7) Show your appreciation because a person who feels appreciated will always do more. That’s how you ask for a referral.
Subscribe to our channel if you want to start, market and grow a sustainable business.