Do you have a project that can use technology to shield and restore terrestrial ecosystems and freshwater supplies? Apply for the One Young World Lead 2030 Challenge for SDG15 supported by Novartis, and win a grant of US$50,000.
See Also: Agri-Tech Innovation Program For African Students And Entrepreneurs
By scaling up research and development, technological innovation, investing in natural infrastructure, and implementing responsible sourcing policies, companies play an integral part in preserving and restoring vital ecosystems, promoting the sustainable use of land, water, and forests, while retaining consumer confidence in their product offerings. Novartis aims to drive sustainability through its own operations, as well as those of its suppliers. They have set ambitious targets to minimize their impacts on climate, waste, and water. They have already made significant progress and their ambition is to be a catalyst for positive change and a leader in environmental sustainability.
Novartis Supporting Lead 2030 Challenge For SDG15
Novartis looks forward to supporting SDG 15 by funding a project, which utilizes data/digital/novel technologies in order to generate positive action, protect, restore and sustainably use the services provided by the natural land ecosystem.
So, if you have solutions in this line, you can apply. The project should address at least one of the following;
- Freshwater recycling capacity
- Restoring biodiversity of the ecosystem
Also, the project should deliver quantifiable results and be a long-term sustainable solution. Ideas with an assessable proof of concept would be preferred.
See Also: EU: Africa The Post Crisis Journey (100,000€ Prize Fund)
SDG 15 aims to protect, restore, and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems to benefit, now and in the future, from this natural ecosystem-service. This Lead2030 Challenge is specifically focused on SDG 15 targets:
- 15.1: By 2030, combat desertification, restore degraded land and soil, including land affected by desertification, drought, and floods, and strive to achieve a land degradation-neutral world.
- 15.2: Promote the implementation of sustainable management of all types of forests, halt deforestation, restore degraded forests. And substantially increase afforestation and reforestation.
- 15.3: By 2030, ensure the conservation, restoration, and sustainable use of terrestrial and inland freshwater ecosystems and their services. This can be in particular forests, wetlands, mountains, and drylands, in line with obligations under international agreements
See Also: The Virtual Nigeria Tech Summit 2020 Startup Lab For Nigerian Entrepreneurs
Lead 2030 Challenge For SDG15 Criteria
Your challenge must meet the following criteria;
Aligned; The solution should be evidently aligned with the SDG 15 challenge.
Youth-led; Founder should be between age 18 – 30.
Focused; Have a well-structured time horizon, identified key stakeholders and beneficiaries, and proposed outcomes that are reasonable and well thought out.
Proven; Readily available, in or past implementation phase.
Impactful; Solutions must have a positive social impact, for example generating employment, or developing skills.
Measurable; Impacts of solutions must have been adequately measured and/or be measurable.
Financially viable; Your challenge must be able to achieve efficiency and to survive independently through the resources they generate and/or the investments and donations they attract.
Scalable; The challenge must have the potential to perform as well or better after expanding in scope or size and/or being transported to other regions.
See Also: Elite Entrepreneurs Network Scholarship For Young African Startup Entrepreneurs
The winning solution will receive:
- A US$50,000 grant from Novartis
- 12 months of mentorship from a team of Novartis professionals. The mentorship team will work to accelerate your solution based on the needs of your initiative or organisation.
- This includes;
- Business strategy
- Best practices for data collection
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Product design
See Also: Venture For Africa 2021 Cohort For African Young Talents
The deadline for application for the Lead 2030 Challenge For SDG15 is December 18, 2020, 5:00 pm, GMT. And, winning solutions will be confirmed on February 18, 2021. If you fit in, apply now using this link; https://www.oneyoungworld.com/lead2030/challenge-sdg15
Let’s create visibility for your brand today and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice among our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.