Leonard Stanley Nnamdi Ekeh also known as Leo Stan Ekeh is a Nigerian entrepreneur, and philanthropist. He is the founder and chairman of Zinox Technologies Limited. Additionally, he is the chairman of Konga.com, an e-commerce company.
See Also: Biography of famous entrepreneurs in Nigeria and their entrepreneurial journey.
Leo Stan led the team that delivered the largest single ICT project in Sub Saharan Africa. The group that was also responsible for the technology infrastructure of the 2007 and 2011 voters’ registration in Nigeria. In December, 2013, Microsoft appointed Leo Stan as a global partner Advisor.
See Also: Atiku Abubakar – Biography and Life of the 11th Vice President of Nigeria.
Leo Stan Ekeh Biography
Ekeh was born on 22 February, 1956 in Ubomiri Mbaitoli LGA, Imo State, Nigeria to a middle class family. His father was a nurse, and his mother, a dietitian. He has three brothers and two sisters.
See Also: Abdulsamad Rabiu – Biography and net worth of a skilled merchant.
Leo Stan Ekeh Education
Leonard attended Holy Ghost College, Owerri. Subsequently, he then moved to Punjab University, India where he obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics. He had his postgraduate degree program in Risk Management at the Nottingham University, England.
In Leo’s early age, he wanted to own the biggest transport company in Nigeria. But after schooling in India, Leo Stan said “a great turning point came in my life because I found the economy of India a realistic economy.”
See Also: Mike Adenuga – Biography and net worth of Mike Adenuga.
Leo Stan Ekeh Personal Life
Leo stan Ekeh is married to Chioma Ekeh. They got married in 1986, and they are blessed with five children. Three boys, two girls.
Leo Stan Ekeh Businesses
As an entrepreneur, Leo Stan Ekeh is known to have spearheaded the creation of the following companies: Technology Distribution Limited, Task Systems Limited, Zinox Technologies, Buyright Africa Dotcom Limited, Task Direct Limited, ITEC Solutions and many more.
See Also: Benedict Peters – Life and entrepreneurial journey of the CEO of Aiteo Group.
Task System Limited
This is Leo’s first start up. It is the first company in Nigeria to venture into desktop publishing and computer graphics. Ekeh through this company has positively influenced advertising and publishing in Nigeria. Over the years, Task System Limited has won several outstanding awards such as Best Partner Award for Compaq, Microsoft, Hewlett Packard (HP) e.t.c
See Also: Femi Otedola Biography, net worth and forte oil.
Zinox Technologies Limited
Leo Stan Ekeh founded the Zinox Techologies Limited in 2001. He founded it with a team of ICT technocrats. Zinox is one of the innovative ICT companies in Africa. The brand is the first internationally certified branded computer OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) in West Africa. In addition, it is the first to receive Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL) certification. Similarly, it is the first computer hardware manufacturing company and ICT integration company in Nigeria to receive ISO 9001-2000.
Zinox creates business solutions that utilizes new technologies to streamline systems, efficiently align, integrate and maximise productivity. It also designs and develop products with consideration for security of the system and IT infrastructure. Zinox has helped several African countries revolutionise their electoral processes like Nigeria, The Gambia, Guinea-Bissau e.t.c.
Recently, International Data Corporation (IDC), USA rated Zinox as the No.1 brand in terms of computer sales amongst local and international brands in Nigeria. Most importantly, it is the only local OEM partner of Microsoft and Intel corporation in Nigeria.
See Also: Akinwumi Adesina – President of the African Development Bank Group.
Konga.com is an e-commerce company founded in July 2012, by Sim Shagaya. Its headquarter is located in Gbagada, Lagos, Nigeria. It offers a third-party online marketplace and a first-party direct retail in various categories of consumer goods and products. Eventually, Zinox acquired 99% of Konga.com shares.
The Zinox group concluded the acquisition of the e-commerce powerhouse, Konga, on Feb. 5 2018 with major investors- Naspers and AB Kinnevik. Meanwhile, Zinox assumed the ownership of Konga.com, KongaPay, and KOS-Express. Zinox acquired Konga.com because of their interest in e-commerce business. The e-company is said to worth $34 million.
On May 1, 2018, Konga was merged with Zinox’s retail outfit: Yudala, forming the biggest e-commerce and retail company in Africa. They retained the brand name Konga.
See Also: Biography of Aliko Dangote, His net worth and Dangote group.
Buyright Africa Dotcom Limited
Leo Stan Ekeh is the Chairman and CEO of the Buyright Africa Dotcom Limited. It is a platform that executes and fund information and communication technology projects, equipment leasing, ownership scheme and other related ideas in Africa. It offers ICT consultancy services and sales of ICT products, infrastructures and digital tools to educational institutions and government. Similarly, it provide computers to government employes. It also leases ICT equipments like computers, projectors, printers, scanners, software application, etc.
See Also: Afe Babalola – Biography and success story of the founder of Afe Babalola University.
Leo Stan Ekeh Philanthrophy
- He launched the Computerize Nigeria Project to encourage and sensitize development in the use of computers by Nigerians on August 5, 2000.
- He also launched the CANi Scheme. A scheme that provided laptops to Nigerians at a reduced price, with a repayment plan within the period of 24 months.
- Few years back, he built a church in Ubomiri community, the church where he once served as a mass servant.
- In 2016, his charity organisation, Leo Stan Ekeh Foundation pledged N1.5 billion to support YUBOSS, an entrepreneurship and wealth creation scheme.
- Also, in 2017, through his foundation, he disbursed N50 million as a humanitarian fund to victims injured during the the demolition of Okeukwu Owere Market in Owerri, Imo State.
See Also: Tony Elumelu – Biography of the founder of Tony Elumelu foundation.
Leo Stan Ekeh Net Worth
According to Business Insider by Pulse.ng, Leo Stan’s net worth as at June 2018 is $1 billion. Above all, he is one of the top tech CEOs in Nigeria according to Ventures Africa.
Leo Stan Ekeh
Leo Stan is a recipient of numerous awards, both personal and company awards. Some of his personal awards include;
- ICT Personality, IT & Telecom Digest, 2002
- ICON of Hope by Fmr. President Olusegun Obasanjo on October, 1, 2002
- Corporate citizen of the year, Newspaper Proprietors Association of Nigeria 2002/2003
- Nigerian Science & Technology Achiever of the Year, 2003
- Officer of the Order of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (OFR), 2004
- Awards of Excellence, This Day, 2007
- Fellow of the Nigerian Computer Society, FNCS
- Member of Nigerian Economic Summit Group
- Life Membership, Nigeria Institute of International Aaffairs.
- Director, Nigeria Institute of International Affairs.
- Doctor of Business Administration (Honoraris Causa), Imo State University, Owerri
- A Doctor of Business Administration (Honoraris Causa), Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi
- Doctor of Business Administration (Honoraris Causa), Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- Doctor of Science (Honorary), University of Jos
- Fellow of the Lagos State Polytechnic, Lagos
- A Fellow of the Federal Polytechnic, Idah
- Fellow of the Federal Polytechnic, Nekede, Imo State.
See Also: Biography, net worth and quotes of the principal partner of Microsoft- Bill Gates.
Leo Stan Ekeh Quotes
“Sometimes excitement can derail you and excitements are short lived. I think the most important thing is realizing that you could be the most intelligent person in the world.”
“Nigeria has a huge stock of smart people who can change and sustain the development story of this country. What they require is an enabling environment, which is not too expensive for the government to provide.”
“You must anticipate the future. It is not static, otherwise you don’t have a reason to grow.”
“If you are an entrepreneur, then you have a right to make mega wealth.”
“When you are psychologically defeated, you lost the war.”
“Technology is the only way the son of a poor man can become rich in the 21st technology century and that is the only way the son of a rich man can consolidate the wealth of the family.”
To succeed in the peculiar business terrain of many African economies, an entrepreneur requires 40% common sense, 20% spirituality and 40% knowledge of the business you are investing in.”
“People fail because they apply poor and wrong attitude to life.”
“Continue to remind yourself that every effort depends on God; you work harder, and you work smart and creatively.”
See Also: Demola Aladekomo – biography and life of Nigerian technology expert.
Entrepreneurial Lessons from Leo Stan Ekeh
- Approach the market uniquely: As an entrepreneur, be creative in the way you approach the market. The Zinox laptop came with new designs like the Naira sign. Clients want to see innovation, so, give them what they want.
- Make a positive impact while making money: Leo Stan Ekeh is known for his good deeds by helping the poor climb the ladder of riches. Whatever you do, leave a legacy that will outlive you.
Entrepreneurship is a lonely journey, let us help you go through it with our services.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on social media.
2 thoughts on “Leo Stan Ekeh – Biography And Net Worth Of The Founder Of Zinox Technologies Limited”
Sir Leo Stan ekeh indeed God is with you
God bless you too.