Microsoft Global Social Entrepreneurship Program is calling for applications from social impact startups from across the globe. This is an opportunity for innovators to impact the world.
Generally, the initiative is passionate about supporting social ventures with values to help their team thrive. Also, it aims to unlock the creative potential of social entrepreneurs and accelerate their impact.
So, if you are an entrepreneur driving social impact with your business, apply for this.
Microsoft Global Social Entrepreneurship Program
The Microsoft Global Social Entrepreneurship Program is an initiative of Microsoft through its Microsoft for Startups initiative. The aim is to help social enterprise startups build and scale their companies to do good globally.
The Program supports social impact startups with technology, connections, and grants. It believes that by taking responsibility for all of these, social enterprises can focus on bringing their big vision to life and make the world a better place.
Besides, it is a worldwide offering for startups from across the world. You can apply, as long as your headquarter is based in one of the countries covered by the Azure global infrastructure (54 regions worldwide – available in 140 countries).
Benefits Of Participating In Microsoft Global Social Entrepreneurship Program
Once your application has been approved, you will be eligible for:
Microsoft Philanthropies grants
This is for selected ventures innovating in skills development, sustainability and accessibility. Also, you can connect with large commercial, public sector, and nongovernmental organizations, as well as other startups in the social impact space.
Next, startups will be extended membership into the premium offer from Microsoft for Startups. The membership provides; free access to Microsoft technologies including $120,000 USD of free Azure cloud and $1,000/month of GitHub Enterprise. Also, there will be a dedicated Go-To-Market resource to help startups sell alongside its global sales team and partner channel.
Microsoft for Entrepreneurship Program prioritizes enterprise technology or B2B startups who can best serve the customer base and benefit most from the program. Also, it evaluates new application based on the following;
- Startups offering an innovative technical solution that supports customers in their digital transformation.
- Venture with less than seven years in existence
- Startup with less than $25M in total annual revenue
- Seed, Series A, B, or C stage (or validated equivalent).
For Social Entrepreneurship:
- You should carry an internal business metric that addresses an important social and/or environmental challenge through your products, services, and operations.
- Have a statement of ethics and/or a policy of responsible AI for social impact that will generate trust from customers, partners and the public for competitive differentiation.
- Priority selection for startups aligning with key Microsoft strategic initiatives – Microsoft offer qualified startups access to grants in the fields of sustainability, accessibility, and skills & employability
- You should have an established product, service or business model which is poised for further growth in multiple communities or countries
- Must be engaged in the development of an owned (not licensed) software-based product or service that will form a core piece of your current or intended business.
- Your headquarters must be based in the countries covered by our Azure global infrastructure.
- Then, your funding information must be verifiable.
Please note: Apply and ensure to fill the application form correctly. Also mention “Social Entrepreneurship” as your industry focus when prompted in the application.
To read more, click here