OC Ukeje is an award-winning Nollywood/Hollywood actor, model, and musician. Ukeje has featured in several award-winning movies including half of a yellow sun. Also, he produced the soundtrack of the movie – Potato Potahto alongside Vector and Joselyn Dumas.
OC Ukeje Background
Okechukwu Ukeje popularly known as OC Ukeje was born on the 15th of July 1981, in Lagos State to Mr and Mrs Ukeje as the second child of three children. OC hails from Umuahia in Abia State, Nigeria.
OC Ukeje had his secondary education at Federal Government College Ijanikin, Lagos. After he obtained his West African School Leaving Certificate (WASSCE), he proceeded to the University of Lagos, Yaba (Unilag), where he obtained a BSc. in Marine Sciences. He is married to Senami Ibukunoluwa Togonu-Bickersteth.
OC Ukeje Career
OC Ukeje commenced his acting career with a stage play during his first year in the university. His dream was to be a musician and not an actor, but fate always has a way of finding us. He has also collaborated with few Nigerian musicians and producers, and also did radio jingles for corporate organizations.
OC rose to the limelight in Nollywood in 2006, after he won the Amstel Malta Box Office (AMBO). Same time, he featured in the movie – White Waters directed by Izu Ojukwu alongside Joke Silva and Rita Dominic.
Meanwhile, OC had spent four years doing stage plays. Also, he was part of the cast of the TV series – Wetin Dey, which was produced by the BBC World Service Trust. The Tv series was presented at the International Emmy World Television Festival in 2007.
OC Ukeje was one of the actors on the set of Black November, a movie produced by Jeta Amata. Prominent actors onset of the movie were: Mickey Rourke, Kim Basinger, Sarah Wayne-Callies, Hakeem Kae-Kazim, Vivica Fox, and a host of others. In 2012, OC joined the repertory team that showcased 3 stage plays for the Nigeria House at the London Cultural Olympiad.
OC was in the Cast of Gidi Up – a NdaniTv series alongside Titilope Sonuga, Deyemi Okanlawon, Somkele Iyamah and Ikechukwu Onunaku. In January 2015, The Nigerian Cinema Exhibition Coalition listed him as one of the highest box office grosser of 2014. Also, the Toronto International Film Festival invited him alongside Somkele Iyamah, as a rising star.
OC Ukeje’s Songs
- Gospel According 2 Rap – Is It Your Love – 2011
- Potato Potahto featuring Vector – 2017
OC Ukeje’s Movies
2007 – 2013
- White Waters – 2007
- Comrade – 2008
- Black Gold – 2011
- Two Brides and a Baby – 2011
- Black November – 2012
- Hoodrush – 2012
- Till Death Do Us Part (Short) – 2012
- Confusion Na Wa – 2013
- Awakening – 2013
- Alan Poza – 2013
- Half of a Yellow Sun – 2013
- Gone Too Far – 2013
- The Rubicon – 2013
- Secret Room – 2013
2014 – 2019
- When Love Happens – 2014
- Gidi Up (TV Series) – 2014
- A Temple Made of Clay (Short play) – 2014
- Love or Something like that – 2014
- The Department – 2015
- Heaven’s Hell – 2015
- Before 30 – 2015
- Ayanda – 2015
- The Arbitration – 2016
- Remember Me – 2016
- North East – 2016
- Catch.er – 2017
- Shades of Attraction – 2018
- In Sickness and Health – 2018
- The Royal Hibiscus Hotel – 2018
- Hunter’s Game – 2019
- Ashen – 2019
Awards And Nominations Of OC Ukeje
- 4th Africa Movie Academy Awards for Most Promising Actor in White Waters – 2008
- African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) for the Best Upcoming Actor – 2008
- City People Award for Best New Act – 2010
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards for Best Lead Actor in a Film in Alan Poza – 2013
- Best of Nollywood Awards for Best Lead Actor in an English Movie Alan Poza – 2013
- Nollywood Movies Awards for Best Actor in a Lead Role in Hoodrush – 2013
- Africa Magic Viewer’s Choice Awards for Best Actor in a Drama in Two Brides and a Baby – 2013
- Nominated at the 9th Africa Movie Academy Awards for Best Actor in a Leading Role – 2013
- Nominee at the City People Movie Award for Best Actor of the Year (English) – 2015
- City People Movie Award for Best Actor of the Year (English) – 2016
- Best International Actor – 2017
- Nominee for Best Actor in a Comedy (Movie/Tv series) at the AMVCA – 2018
Quotes Of OC Ukeje
“To be sufficient enough to appreciate the finer things of life.”
“Remember the sunshine, and walk confidently in the direction of some shade.”
“Happiness is a thing.”
“Process. Everything is process, a baby, a seed, milk teeth, a concert, manufacturing, sales, promotion. Time is one thing you can’t take out of the equation…”
“Every day is a good day to be happy.”
“Success occurs when your goals are bigger than your excuses. Make your life a masterpiece, imagine no limitations on what you can be, have, or do.”
“As we celebrate the work, we celebrate the person, as we applaud the toil, we recognize the human, as we strive to be relevant for something, we strive to be in touch with self.”
Net Worth Of OC Ukeje
According to legit.ng, OC Ukeje is worth about $3.7 million.
Life Lesson From OC Ukeje
As an entrepreneur, it is important to be patient. Learn to be patient, learn to be flexible, and avoid being stereotyped.
OC Ukeje gradually climbed the success ladder in his industry. He was completely flexible and ventured into acting when singing seemed slow.
If a certain career path isn’t working for you, do not be afraid to change it. If OC had remained a singer, most likely, no one would have heard of him today.
Let’s create visibility for your brand and put your business on the world map. Contact us now to make your brand the preferred choice for our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
Image Credit: @octhegreatukeje (Instagram)