The Rapid Response Grants (RRG) program of the BIOPAMA Action Component is designed to respond to risks and difficulties induced by the COVID-19 crisis in African, Caribbean, and Pacific countries.
What Is BIOPAMA?
The Biodiversity And Protected Areas Management (BIOPAMA) Programme assists the African, Caribbean, and Pacific countries to address their priorities for improved management and governance of biodiversity and natural resources.
BIOPAMA provides a variety of tools, services, and funding to conservation actors in the African, Caribbean, and Pacific (ACP) countries.
The Rapid Response Grants aim at increasing the resilience of protected areas and local communities’ livelihoods facing the risks and difficulties of the global COVID-19 pandemic.
See Also: How to access the CBN COVID-19 Relief Fund.
Things To Know About Rapid Response Grants Program
The call is an open-ended call until 31 December 2020, 23:59 Brussels time. Applicants can apply at any time before the deadline.
The final decision on awarding the grant will be taken within 6 weeks of the receipt of proposals.
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must be no more than the maximum amount of ≤ EUR 50 000 with no co-financing required.
The Rapid Response Grant proposals will last for a maximum duration of 12 months. And activities will take place in one or several of the eligible ACP Countries.
See Also: 100 Profitable business ideas to start now for aspiring entrepreneurs and investors.
Eligibility For Rapid Response Grants
To be eligible, applications should address one of the main Rapid Response Grants objectives.
Some of the objectives are:
- Enhanced management and governance of protected or conserved areas;
- Increased resilience to major shocks and recovery of the protected and conserved areas including sustainable/innovative funding planning;
- Maintained livelihoods and/or enhanced resilience of local communities to major shocks caused by COVID pandemic, whilst effectively contributing to protected areas management.
The activities must address the following to be eligible:
- Address emergencies resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic and the restrictions put in place to contain it.
- Be consistent with the objectives of BIOPAMA RRG (as presented above).
- Comply with IUCN Environmental and Social Management System.
- Enable data and information sharing from the project with the BIOPAMA Regional Observatories and RIS
- Be cost-efficient and sustainable
- Be of practical field application and limited in time to avoid dependency on the support provided by the Action Component.
See Also: How to start a successful dropshipping business.
How To Apply
To apply, visit app.biopama.org, create an account, then log in and apply. Applications must be submitted through the BIOPAMA Action Component grants management portal.
To learn more about this opportunities, please visit the website. The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the economy and a lot of organisations have put plans in place to help countries and businesses.
At Entrepreneurs.ng, we research for valuable resources that inform, inspire and educate entrepreneurs. If you meet the criteria, do apply before the deadline.
Let’s create visibility for your brand today by putting you on the world map. This will increase your sales and revenue. Call us today so, we can start.