The Shuttleworth Foundation Fellowship program is receiving applications from individuals with innovative ideas. This is is an opportunity for social innovators who are open at heart, have a fresh perspective on addressing challenges, and have a very clear idea of their role in bringing about positive change.
So, if you are in this category, this is the right time to bring your innovation to live.
About The Shuttleworth Foundation Fellowship Program
The Shuttleworth Foundation offers fellowships to individuals to implement their innovative idea for social change. The initiative is most interested in exceptional ideas at the intersection between technology, knowledge, and learning, with openness being the key requirement.
Basically, it identifies amazing people with innovative ideas, gives them a fellowship grant, and multiply the money they put into their own project by a factor of ten or more.
Who Can Apply?
Anyone can apply to become a Shuttleworth Fellow. For instance;
- You do not have to have any specific level of education, or you could have a Ph.D.
- You do not have to have years of experience in the workplace or be an up and coming millennial.
- Also, you do not have to be from any specific geography or nationality, you should just be able to communicate fluently in English.
- You do not have to have an organisation, but you can if you want to, and it can be for or not for profit.
- You do not have to be of any specific gender.
- Then, you do not even have to be building software.
What you should have is a clear sense of how you can contribute to changing the world for the better. You should be able to articulate the problem, and your idea should offer a fresh approach to addressing that problem. You should be able to motivate why you are the best person to do it, and how the Shuttleworth foundation fellowship program might help you do that.
To apply, the Do’s and Don’ts of your Fellowship Application include;
A completed application comprises:
- The (completed & submitted) application form.
- Your 5-minute application video (public or private).
- Your up to date resume.
The organisation does not accept any of the following:
- Hard copy applications.
- Partial applications – you must answer all the questions and “submit” the form.
- Email applications.
How It Works
The initiative invites individuals with a fresh approach to solving a social challenge, using openness, to apply to the Fellowship Program.
Applicants may choose to make their application public at any time. You can do so. For those who choose not to, your application will remain private in its entirety within the Foundation and its immediate support network until such time as you may be offered a Fellowship. At that point, there will be a conversation on how best to share information about you as a Fellow in the interest of openness. Similarly, applicants who choose to make their application public do not have a specific advantage over those who choose not to do so during the selection process.
In order to keep your application private, you may choose to protect your video submission with a password. Please submit the password along with the video link via the secure application form.
No partial applications will be considered.
Shuttleworth Foundation Fellowship Program Application timelines
The application program follows suit;
- Application opens: 1 August 2020
- Application closes: 3 November 2020
- Then, applicants notified: 1 January 2021
- Fellowship start date: 1 March 2021
Please Note; To register, a full application comprises of;
- The online application form
- Your application video – not longer than 5 minutes
- Your resume
- And, use no more than 1500 characters per essay question
The Shuttleworth Foundation Fellowship is currently accepting applications from social innovators, and the deadline is 3 November 2020. If you are a social innovator, you can use this link to apply and learn more; https://www.shuttleworthfoundation.org/apply/
Let’s create visibility for your brand today and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice among our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.