The Nigerian Content Science And Technology Innovation Challenge (STIC) 2020 is now open to Nigerian students to apply. This is an entrepreneurship development program and innovation challenge that rewards students of accredited Nigerian tertiary institutions who are able to use science, tech, and innovation to develop solutions.
So, are you a Nigerian student with solutions to problems in any sectors of the economy? Apply now.
About Science And Technology Innovation Challenge (STIC) 2020
The Science and Technology Innovation Challenge (STIC) is a novel entrepreneurship development program. It is owned by the Nigerian Content and Development Management Board (NDCMB) and implemented by Enactus Nigeria. The intent is to challenge all students of accredited Nigerian tertiary institutions, to apply science, technology, and innovation to find home-grown solutions to everyday problems across all sectors of the economy.
What It matters
We are in the fourth industrial revolution where technology is positively disrupting every sector-including but not limited to; finance, education, health, transportation, entertainment, communication, and retail. Hence, STIC will challenge the next generation of Nigerians to think of innovative ways to apply science and technology to solve the deep problems experienced in every sector of the Nigerian economy.
And, winners of the 2020 STIC will not only get prizes but will gain exposure to industry experts who will mentor them to scale their innovation into business ideas that will remain profitable; while providing more jobs and creating wealth.
To apply follow this;
- Teams of two students from any of the accredited tertiary institutions in Nigeria
- A team can only consist of students who are not graduating before December 2021
- Students can be from any department in any of the tertiary institutions.
Science And Technology Innovation Challenge (STIC) 2020 Prizes
The prizes are in categories. And they include;
- STIC 2020 Champions – N10,000,000 (Ten Million Naira) + Business incubation
- First runner-up – N4,000,000 (Four Million Naira) + Business incubation
- Second runner-up N1,500,000 (One Million, Five Hundred Thousand Naira)
Winning faculty guides
- STIC 2020 Champions – N750,000 (Seven Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira) + Apple Mac
- First runner-up N500,000 (Five Hundred Thousand Naira)
- Second runner-up (Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira)
- STIC 2020 Champions – Winners Trophy + research & development centre
- First runner-up – Second Place Trophy
- Second runner-up – Third Place Trophy
You innovative solution will be judged based on the following;
- The innovative solution must be scalable
- Must be driven by technology
- Your solution must have real-life applications
- It must proffer a solution to at least one key sectors of the Nigerian economy
- Your innovative solution must create jobs
- Innovative solutions must reduce poverty
- And, it must be financially profitable and create wealth
Do you have any solution that fits the criteria? The deadline for application for the STIC 2020 is January 14, 2021. Apply now using this link; https://stic.org.ng/
Let’s create visibility for your brand today and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice among our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.