The Enugu Studentpreneur Development Loan Program (ESDLP) is a novel loan program designed to give single-digit funding support to emerging entrepreneurs, encouraging financial inclusion from the incubation phases of these firms and entrepreneurs and equipping them for the future.
The Enugu State SME Centre was established in 2005 in collaboration with the Enugu State Government to support small and Medium Enterprises.
See also SME Recovery Loan Scheme.
Objectives Of The ESDLP
- To serve as vanguard for rural industrialization, poverty reduction, job creation and enhance livelihoods.
- Initiating and articulating policy ideas for small and medium enterprises growth and development; promoting and facilitating development program, instruments and support services to accelerate the development and modernization of MSME operations
The mandate of Enugu State SME Centre as contained in the enabling Act can be summarized as follows:
Stimulating, monitoring and coordinating the development of the SMEs sub-sector; initiating and articulating policy ideas for small and medium enterprises growth and development; promoting and facilitating development programmes, instruments and support services to accelerate the development and modernization of MSME operations.
The Enugu SME Center (“Enugu SME” or “Agency”) is the State Developmental Finance Institution tasked with the purview of acting as a catalyst for job creation and facilitating easier access to resources required by entrepreneurs and investors in the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), to achieve sustainable economic development in Enugu State.
SME development is key to catalyzing sustainable economic development in any subnational. Job creation and access to credit are two (2) indicators that are policy thrusts of His Excellency, Rt. Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi’s economic agenda for MSME. It is also vital in improving ESDLP’s Ease of Doing Business rankings across the respective indicators and sub-indicators.
See also Devland Programme For Start-ups.
Emerging entrepreneurs have access to loans for their businesses.
The Enugu Studentpreneur Development Loan Program is open to students, recent graduates, and corps members who live in Enugu.
How To Apply
- Create an account with VBank (if you don’t have one). Use code EINCO.
- Follow the Enugu State SME Agency.
- Create a profile.
- Fill out the application and submit documents.
- Attend literacy class/training.
- Apply funds to grow that business.
Visit their website to apply.
As an entrepreneur, your business needs global visibility. So let’s write your business story in a way that resonates with your customers. Contact us today.