The TiE NY mentorship session provides one-on-one guidance to budding entrepreneurs by assessing their needs and matching them with TiE Charter Members. They are seasoned entrepreneurs, executives and functional experts across different industries.
Whether you are looking to jump into entrepreneurship as a recent college graduate or a mid-level corporate professional, or are in the middle of your startup journey and need help to take your startup to the next level, their highly committed Charter Members are available to provide you with the necessary guidance.
Mentees can benefit from “Flash Mentoring,” where they meet an assigned mentor for some one-time advice mentees need in a particular area, or from “Ongoing Mentoring,” where mentees meet regularly to get guidance on a wide range of topics from their assigned mentors.
The Mentoring Program is free and is available to all TiE NY Members. All you have to do is register on their site to become a member.
See also: Female Foundry Business Growth Program In South Africa 2021
How Does The TiE NY Mentoring Program Work?
Mentees drive tiE NY Mentoring Program. They work with the TiE Mentoring Committee to explain their requirements, identify their Mentors, coordinate with their assigned Mentors to schedule their one-time or ongoing meetings and keep the Committee up-to-date on their evolving needs and any required changes they wish to make on their mentoring arrangement.
To get started, they suggest the following steps to new Mentees:
- Attend the monthly mentoring event that is typically held every third Tuesday of the month.
- Use the event to learn more about the Mentoring program and network/socialize with various TiE NY Charter & Board Members, other Mentees and the broader TiE NY community.
- At the event, explain to the Mentoring Committee members about your needs, and identify and meet, if possible, a potential Mentor available in attendance during the event.
- If you did not meet any potential Mentor who is a fit for your needs during the event, the Mentoring Committee will identify someone from their broader Charter Member community and introduce you to that Mentor.
- Coordinate directly with the Mentor to schedule your mentoring meetings.
- Keep the Mentoring Committee updated about your ongoing mentoring with your assigned Mentor.
- If and when you need to change your mentor for whatever reason, please inform the Mentoring Committee and you will be assigned a new Mentor.
- Attend the monthly Mentoring events, which provide you valuable learning opportunities from expert speakers on various topics and other fellow entrepreneurs and mentees. Topics covered in past events include: How to Best Benefit from Mentoring, Finding the Product-Market Fit, Legal Issues Facing Entrepreneurs, etc.
See also: Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator
Eligibility For The TiE NY Mentorship Session
Be an active member of TiE. You can be a member by simply registering on their website.
What You Stand To Gain
Mentees drive the Mentoring Program. They work with the TiE Mentoring Committee to explain their requirements, identify their Mentors, coordinate with their assigned Mentors to schedule their one-time or ongoing meetings and keep the Committee up-to-date on their evolving needs and any required changes they wish to make on their mentoring arrangement.
Apply before 15th November 2021.
How To Apply
Visit their website to know more and register.
Want to start a business and do not know how to start? Visit our resource centre to get our business guides to help you start, market and grow a sustainable business.