Application is now open for the Tony Elumelu Storytellers Fund. Are you an emerging artist or storyteller on the pulse of entrepreneurship in Africa? This could be your opportunity to win grants up to $2000 in cash.
The Tony Elumelu Storytellers Fund is a project been jointly financed by Heirs Insurance and Heirs Life Assurance. And through a collaborative initiative of Africa No Filter – a donor collaborative focused on shifting the African narrative, the T.E Storytellers Fund is calling for applications from emerging artists, journalists, and content creators including bloggers, vloggers, and podcasters whose work offers a more contemporary and authentic narrative of entrepreneurship and entrepreneurs in Africa.
Celebrating and sharing stories of entrepreneurs comes in many forms; a photo, drawing or painting of an inspirational figure can tell a thousand stories and transcend a thousand languages.
The fund will award grants worth between $500 and $2000 to each selected participant.
See also: Apply for ARM Labs Lagos Techstars Accelerator Programme.
Applicants must be aged between 18 and 35 years and living on the content or in Diaspora. They must have a platform or portfolio of work that shifts stereotypical narratives about youth and entrepreneurship in Africa.
The Tony Elumelu Storytellers Fund Grant Categories.
This fund is awarded to content creators in two categories, Media and arts.
- Media includes Bloggers, Vloggers and Journalists. Examples of projects: A series of published articles identifying innovative tech entrepreneurs, a vlog that showcases entrepreneurs in underrepresented areas, a blog that shines the light on new African innovation.
- Arts grants will be made to photographers, filmmakers, sketch artists, painters, and digital artists. Examples of projects: A lighthearted, comedic short film telling the story of an 11-year-old budding entrepreneur, a photography series of Africa’s Top entrepreneurs etc.
See also: MTN Foundation Y’ellopreneur Programme 2022 For Female Entrepreneurs.
- June 30, 2022: The application portal opens
- July 29, 2022: Application deadline.
- August 31, 2022: Shortlisted candidates informed
- September 23, 2022: Successful applicants announcement.
To apply, visit the official website of the Tony Elumelu Storytellers Fund here.
Image credit: africanofilter.org/the-tony-elumelu-storytellers-fund