The Trafigura Foundation Program supports social entrepreneurs that demonstrate how to achieve effective and lasting impact in two focus areas of operations: Fair and Sustainable Employment and Clean and Safe Supply Chains. Also, programs should be located in countries where Trafigura Group has operations.
The programs that the foundation supports must contribute to its commitment to help people reach their full potential. This will, therefore, favour programs that demonstrate strong ownership, build local capacities and articulate a clear vision about how to increase the autonomy of beneficiaries.
See also: APX Rolling Program.
Eligibility For The Trafigura Foundation Program
- Be a social entrepreneur.
What You Stand To Gain From The Trafigura Foundation Program
- Funds will be provided for your social business.
The Trafigura Foundation Program also provides the following:
Fair and Sustainable Employment: Support programs
- Promoting access to dignified jobs for marginalized communities through training and placement activities.
- Supporting social entrepreneurs in strengthening their business ventures so that they can become levers of development and create jobs in their communities.
- Fostering innovative social enterprises that have the potential to tackle the root causes of poverty in a sustainable manner.
Clean and Safe Supply Chains: Support programs
- Enhancing livelihood of populations impacted by logistic activities through access to market, health services, education, and last-mile coverage.
- Mitigating environmental and social issues caused by transportation or infrastructure at land and sea.
See also: Skoll Foundation: Awards For Social Entrepreneurship
How To Apply
Organisations that are interested in Trafigura’s support are invited to send an email with a short concept note in English (maximum length three A4 pages), including the following details:
- Title of the project;
- Objective(s) of the proposed endeavour (quantified/qualified);
- Main activities and beneficiaries (quantified/qualified);
- Implementation location with a map;
- Timeline/main milestones;
- Financial information: total budget (with main line items) and requested contribution from the Trafigura Foundation;
- Other donors (confirmed or prospective) and self-financing share;
- Name of the applying organisation, legal status thereof, tax status and website address.
If the proposal is in line with the criteria and priorities, they will follow up and ask for further information in due course. Please note that if you do not hear from them within four weeks, you may consider that your application has unfortunately not been successful.
See also: AngelPad Funds For Start-Ups.
The Foundation’s executive team first screens all projects proposals. Proposals having successfully passed this initial screening are formally reviewed by the Foundation’s Board. The Board considers the relevance of the project to the Foundation’s mission and portfolio. The Board also assesses the projects’ efficiency and impact. Upon a positive outcome, the Foundation gets in touch with the successful applicant to work out grant practicalities.
To know more, visit their site.
Profiling your business on Entrepreneurs. ng will put you on the world map and create visibility for your business. Contact us today to tell your story.