The UNCTAD eTrade for Women Masterclass is part of a series of Masterclasses that serves as empowerment events to equip the next generation of women entrepreneurs from developing countries with the right skills to thrive in a fast-changing digital landscape. These Masterclasses are unique empowerment events for women digital entrepreneurs.
The rapid spread of digital technologies across Africa is creating many business opportunities. Yet, women entrepreneurs still face obstacles to grow their businesses. To help address this challenge, the eTrade for Women initiative, led by the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development, will host a Masterclass for women digital entrepreneurs from English-speaking African countries in Lagos, Nigeria, on 6-9 December 2022. The Masterclass is organized in partnership with Damilola Olokesusi, Founder and CEO of Shuttlers, and eTrade for Women Advocate.
See also, The Mo Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships 2023.
UNCTAD eTrade For Women Masterclass Programme Contents
What’s in there for you? All sessions will be delivered by renowned business leaders and experts in their ﬁelds.
The Masterclass will combine:
- Inspirational Talks.
- Learning Sessions.
- Policy Dialogues.
- Networking Opportunity.
What Will You Learn?
- Get Inspired: Get inspired by inﬂuential leaders, the eTrade for Women Advocates.
- Connect: Join a vibrant community of peers who are shaping their digital ecosystems.
- Learn: Learn to lead, impact your team and go beyond your bottom line.
- Impact: Take a deep dive into industry trends and identify business solutions to reach the next milestone.
Other Programme Benefits
- A limited number of scholarships (for travel and accommodation) will be made available to applicants who specifically request them.
- The request for financial support must be specifically mentioned in the application form.
Eligibility For The Masterclass
- You are a woman and you are the founder/co-founder of your business.
- You have a track record of 2 to 5 years in this role.
- New technologies and digital tools are at the heart of your business model and operations.
- You are based in one of the following countries : Cameroon, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Uganda.
- You want to make a difference and impact your ecosystem.