Apply for a chance to win a funding grant in the USAID COVID-19 Food Security Challenge.
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in partnership with the Nigerian government is calling for applications from youth-led agricultural organisations that have proposals and solutions that can help bridge the gap in the agricultural food supply chain in Nigeria.
This challenge is targeted at mid-stage companies with an existing customer service base of about 1,000 customers. Companies applying for the USAID COVID-19 Nigeria Food Security challenge must already be active in any of food processing, food production, and/or food distribution.
Who Can Apply?
- The USAID/Nigeria COVID-19 Food Security Challenge is open to applicants who are
- Registered for-profit organisation with local presence in Nigeria
- Companies of all sizes
- Small and medium enterprises who have not previously worked with the USAID
- Organisations who have a financially viable and sustainable business model with solutions that innovate in the Nigerian food security value chain
- Youth-led organisations with the founder under the age of 29 at the time of submission
- Companies that already have pre-revenue or post-revenue business model innovation in the Nigeria food security value chain
- Solutions must demonstrate a direct, tangible linkage between their solution and food value chains
- Applicants must be able to read and write in English.
What Do You Stand To Gain?
- The Challenge will make $1.25 million available for 15-25 awards of $25,000 to $75,000 in funding and technical assistance for commercially viable, youth-led (up to age 29) companies to improve food production and/or food security.
- The Challenge will also make $1.75 million available for 10-15 awards of $75,000 to $150,000 in funding and technical assistance for mid-stage enterprises (with an existing customer base of more than 1,000 people) that can rapidly expand their activities to improve food production and/or food security.
How To Apply
- To apply, register for the challenge’s webinar holding on April 28, 2021
- Apply by clicking this link to register on the online application portal
The deadline for applications for this challenge is on May 9, 2021.
We have 35 booming business ideas and step-by-step guides to start them. It’s a strategic and financial breakdown of the most lucrative businesses in Nigeria. Get it now and start building the business of your dream.
Let’s create visibility for your brand today and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice among our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.