WeBloom is calling for application from African women entrepreneurs to apply for the second cohort of the African Women Leading Innovation Program. This is in line with Webloom’s aim to invest in equality.
WeBloom is building the pipeline of investable women-led entrepreneurs in Africa. They are building a pipeline of investable female-led enterprises in the industries of circular economy, sustainable agriculture, and renewable energy to reshape the future of not only investment in Africa but also leadership in enterprise across Africa. As a result, this opportunity is open to African women entrepreneurs based in Africa.
Benefit Of The WeBloom African Women Leading Innovation Program
The applicant with the best submission gets a total of $2,000USD
Also, the program offers
- Strategic and Operational Advice: you will receive feedback on your current business model, market opportunities, potential growth and strategies, and support with new marketing and sales approaches
- Financial Advisory: you will be provided with support regarding financial modeling and financial projections.
- Partnerships: you will be matched with potential partners and investors in and around WeBloom ecosystem.
- WeBloom Database: you will be part of a diverse database of African Women Leading Innovation. This will give you access to resources and growth opportunities.
To be eligible you must meet the following criteria:
- Be an African woman based in Africa, running a registered impact-driven business
- You must be ready to scale and deepen your solution in a specific region
- Be part of a team with at least 2 founders
- You must be seeking funding.
Steps To Apply
Follow the following steps to apply:
- Fill out the application form online
- Create a 30-60 seconds video introducing your startup, the problem and the solution you are providing as well as the social impact it has on your community
- Upload the video on Facebook or Twitter and tag @webloom with hashtag #WeBloom #InvestorReady #Africa #AfricanWomenLeadingInnovation.
- 25 Startups and businesses will be invited for one on one Zoom pitch. This will help the judges understand your model and team fit on a rolling basis from September 1st, 2020.
- 10 selected startups and businesses will make it for the finals
- 5 selected viable startups and businesses will be on-boarded as WeBloom’s second cohort of bloomers
- 1 winner will be awarded $2,000USD
Timeline For The Webloom African Women Leading Innovation Program
- The deadline for the general application is 30th August 2020.
- Application review holds from 30th August – 15th September.
- Live pitches and demo holds 15th September – 30th September 2020
- The programme starts in October 2020
The deadline for application for the Cohort II is August 30, 2020, 23:59 hours GMT+1. If you are an African woman entrepreneur based in Africa, running an impact-driven business, click here to apply.
Please note: You are to submit your application in English.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.