Apply for the Women in Africa (WIA) 54 Project 2021 and stand a chance to be one of the top 10 finalists in your country. All finalists receive a comprehensive support package including high-level training, support, and networking opportunities.
Launched in 2017, the WIA 54 Project seeks to empower African women in business with the necessary support and information to achieve their business goals, thereby helping spur job creation while boosting the participation of women as successful entrepreneurs.
For the WIA 54 Project 2021, the judges will make an initial selection of 10 female entrepreneurs from each African country. These 540 women will make up the candidate pool that will be trained and coached by the programme. After the initial training, the jury will select a final list of 1 laureates per country who will each recieve a comprehensive support package to boost their businesses.
Who Can Apply?
- Business created or led by an African woman
- Startup created less than 5 years ago
- First traction on the market (sales, number of users, funds raised)
- Be part of one of the 8 categories
- Applicants can only compete in a category that is their primary business category. For example: If you produce jams sold exclusively on a website, your category is “Agriculture” not “Digital.”
- If you offer digital training, your primary category is “Education” and your secondary category is “Digital”
- Sustainable development
- Beauty industries
- Creative Industries
- Innovative product, service or technology
- Proven business model scalability
- Strong growth potential
- Ambitious team with strong execution ability
- Market traction (revenue, number of users, funds raised)
- Potential impact in Africa
How To Apply
To apply for the WIA 54 Project 2021, kindly click on this link to visit the official application portal.
The deadline for the applications is on May 7, 2021
For more details, visit the WIA 54 Project official website.
Let’s create visibility for your brand today and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice among our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram