The Women in Business Program Cohort 2, an initiative of iHub and Co-creation Hub is calling for application from all-female entrepreneurs in Nigeria and Kenya. This is an opportunity to get access to support across 4 key areas; product, funding, talent, and distribution – and learn how to better leverage technology to scale your business.
See Also: 100 Profitable business ideas to start now for aspiring entrepreneurs and investors.
With the rise of technology innovation in Africa, multiple sectors such as energy, agriculture, finance, and healthcare are undergoing rapid changes. Africa’s population currently consists of 50% men and 50% women. There is a growing conversation on the disparity in the number of men and women in technology and a growth in interventions to combat the ‘leaky pipeline’ phenomenon that sees women deviating from careers in STEM due to structural barriers such as poor support networks for childcare amongst others.
The conversation on getting more women in technology is crucial, but just as crucial, if not more so, is the need for female entrepreneurs to be supported in leveraging technology in their businesses- regardless of the sector.
See Also: Challenges faced by female entrepreneurs in securing funds.
Objective Of The Women In Business Program
Against this background, CcHub and iHub created a program that not only focuses on women-led technology businesses, but women-led businesses as a whole, and how these can better leverage technology to scale their solutions in the African market.
Therefore, the Women in Business Program will focus on businesses in Nigeria and Kenya with the aim to:
- Enhance the ways in which women-led businesses leverage technology to better serve their market.
- Build the capacity of women-led businesses to secure capital.
- Catalyse the expansion efforts of women-led businesses in the African market.
- Build the capacity of women-led businesses to attract, develop and retain quality talent to their teams
- Create access to market opportunities.
See Also: The Solution Space E-Track Programme 2020 For Founders Building High-Impact Businesses
Benefits Of The Women In Business Program
By participating in the program, as a female entrepreneur, you will enjoy;
- A strategically differentiated business that speaks to the heart of customer needs.
- An ability to speak investor language and leverage sound financial understanding of your business to secure capital and partnerships.
- Support to expand your business across multiple geographical markets.
- Knowledge of how to attract, develop, and retain a strong team.
- Access to a robust network of investors, corporate executives, and software developers to help scale your business.
In addition, the program will bring together female entrepreneurs, software developers, investors, SMEs, corporates, and industry experts across multiple sectors.
The criteria for participation in the program include:
- Women-led businesses interested in leveraging technology to scale their businesses.
- Registered, with operations in Kenya or Nigeria.
- Strong (well-rounded) founding team, working full-time on the business.
- Businesses with proven traction in the market (e.g. customers, revenue); and
- Scalable businesses that meet a real need.
See Also: The Google Podcasts Creator Program 2020 For Podcast Creators Around The Globe
The deadline for application is 15, August 2020 at 11:59 GMT. So, if you are a female entrepreneur in Nigeria and Kenya, this is for you. Use this link to apply. https://ihub-limited.forms.fm/women-in-business-programme-2nd-cohort/forms/8099
Let’s create visibility for your brand today and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice among our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.