The World Trade Organisation (WTO) has opened its portal for applications to the WTO Young Professionals Programme 2022. The World Trade Organisation Young Professional Programme is a programme that was developed to help young professionals from developing and least developed countries to grow their knowledge and skills on international trade and WTO issues.
Commenting on the WTO Young Professionals Programme 2022 in a statement on its official website, the organization says, the Young Professional Programme “aims to attract professionals from under-represented countries who can consequently improve their chances of being recruited by the WTO and/or other regional and international organizations.”
To qualify to apply for the WTO Young Professionals Programme, a candidate must fulfil the following requirements:
- Be a national of a WTO member state
- Have an advanced university degree in law, economics, and other international trade-related subjects relevant to WTO work
- Have a minimum of two years’ relevant experience
- Demonstrate a high level of interest in international trade and commitment to WTO-related work
- Be fluent in English. Good working knowledge of one of the WTO’s other official languages, French or Spanish, would be an advantage
- Be 32 years of age or younger at the expected start date of the YPP, if selected.
Knowledge And Skills Required
The following requirements are also necessary for you to be considered for the YPP:
- General knowledge of the work of the WTO.
- Good drafting skills in English. The ability to draft in French and/or Spanish would be an advantage.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, in a multicultural environment.
- Demonstrated strong interest in international trade and the multilateral trading system.
- Commitment and passion for trade or WTO-related work.
Remuneration and benefits
Participants under the programme receive a monthly salary of CHF 3,500. The WTO also provides appropriate medical cover and travel costs.
How To Apply
To apply for the WTO Young Professional Programme 2022, kindly visit this link and follow the instructions on the e-recruitment portal.
Applications for the 2022 cohort of the WTO Young Professionals Programme will effectively close on April 29th, 2021.
1 thought on “APPLY: WTO Young Professionals Programme 2022”
Thanks for the information, please notify me for follow up.