The Youth Africa Leadership Initiative has announced calls for applications into the YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program. The YALI West Africa Emerging Leaders program is looking for young West Africans who have demonstrated the following criteria:
- Demonstrated leadership in public service, business, and entrepreneurship, or civic engagement.
- Active engagement in public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship.
- The ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and respect the opinions of others.
- Strong social and communication skills.
- An energetic, positive attitude.
- A demonstrated knowledge, interest, and professional experience in the sector/track selected, and
- A commitment to apply leadership skills and training to benefit your country and/or community after the program.
The Selection Process
According to official information on YALI’s official website, the selection for participation will be purely based on merit. According to YALI “All eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel. Chosen semi-finalists will then be interviewed before a final selection is made and an invitation to join the program is issued.”
Who Can Apply?
To apply for the YALI West Africa Emerging Leaders programme, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a citizen of one of these countries: Niger, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Burkina Faso, Togo and the Gambia.
- You must NOT be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States of America
- You must be eligible to apply and receive visas granting you access to Ghana
- You must be proficient in English including in speaking, writing and listening
- You must be between the ages of 18 to 35 at the time of submitting your application.
What Do You Stand To Gain?
- Certification in leadership by a globally recognised leardership academy
- You will become a member of a very robust YALI Alumni
Areas Of Focus
The YALI West Africa Emerging Leaders Programme focuses on three key areas:
Business and Entrepreneurship
Young entrepreneurs and business owners who are aspiring to take on leadership within the entrepreneurship and business sector on the African continent will find this track useful.
Civil Society Management
If you aspire to engage civically and provide leadership with volunteerism, community-based organisations, and non-governmental organisations, this track caters to you.
Public Policy and Management
If you aspire to be in government, regional organisations, and diplomatic organisations, then this track of the programme caters to you.
How To Apply
Kindly click on this link to visit YALI West Africa’s website and to start your application.
The deadline for this application is on the 16th of April, 2021.
What Is YALI?
The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) is an initiative of the United States government as an effort to invest in the next generation of African leaders.
Let’s create visibility for your brand today and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice among our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.