Apply for the British Council IELTS Prize 2022. The IELTS Prize is awarded to high-caliber individuals with the motivation to develop their careers, and who demonstrate the potential to contribute to society what they have gained from their undergraduate or postgraduate study experience.
IELTS, the test that’s trusted by educational institutions and universities all around the world, could take you even further: all the way to your ideal academic field, institution, and destination. Seven lucky IELTS test takers in each of the countries below will be given a £3,000 prize to turn their academic dreams into reality. The British Council IELTS Prize 2022 is open to test takers living in Bangladesh, Canada, Colombia, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, and South Africa.
- Be 18 years or above.
- Be a resident in one of the above countries (except applicants in Canada).
- Begin undergraduate or postgraduate study in academic year 2023/2024.
- Attend a higher educational institution that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements.
- Register for an IELTS test with the British Council between 01 September 2021 and 15 September 2022 and be able to produce a valid IELTS score in the application.
- Have a minimum overall band score of 5.5 or higher.
- Be able to provide an acceptance letter from the attending institution by latest 1 September 2023.
Complete the IELTS Prize online application form and submit it together with uploaded copies of your:
- British Council IELTS Test Report Form.
- Recent photograph.
- Passport or identification document proving your residency in one of the eligible countries.
- Special requirements certificate (if applicable).
Forwarding these documents by email to your country’s office is possible too.
Applications will be reviewed against the British Council IELTS Prize 2022 eligibility criteria, the personal statement, and the IELTS score.
The IELTS Prize will be paid directly to you in 2023 after British Council has officially confirmed your status with the institution you are planning to attend and received proof of your valid study visa or online study.