Apply now for the Facebook Community Accelerator programme 2022. Following Facebook’s discussions with community leaders over the last few years, the organisation has learned that many of them are looking for support and guidance on how to grow their communities’ impact. Facebook want to take a holistic approach to support these communities. So in addition to building the tools and educational resources that they need, Facebook is also building programmatic ways to provide training, support and funding to enable great communities to make an even greater positive impact in the world.
Benefits of Facebook Community Accelerator Programme
Facebook will work with GlobalGiving to fund participants’ project plans. Selected participants will each receive up to $40,000 (USD) for their participation in the program and to fund their community initiatives during the four-month programme.
See also, Apply for the MEST Africa Challenge 2022.
Coaching & Development
Develop yourself and your community through a customized curriculum and personalized coaching to strengthen your community. Work on a development plan to execute an initiative of your choice.
Knowledge-share with fellow top community leaders, network with key players in the industry and access direct support.
- This programme is open to communities that have a presence in Facebook Groups with leaders who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the following countries: Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Peru, Mexico, Brazil, United States, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Bangladesh, United Kingdom, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, South Africa, Kenya, Nigeria, Ghana, Zambia, Tanzania, Egypt, Morocco, Lebanon, Jordan, United Arab Emirate & India. Communities must have existed for over one year and must have a minimum size of 5,000 members.
- The programme will be conducted in Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish (Colombia, Chile, Peru, Mexico & Argentina), German (Germany, Switzerland & Austria), Arabic (Egypt, Morocco, Lebanon, Jordan & United Arab Emirates) and English for all the other markets.
- Participants of the FCLP Program, 2020 and 2021 Community Accelerator are not eligible to apply. Participants in other Facebook programmes are welcome to apply as long as they meet the programme requirements.
The selection committee will look for communities that would benefit most from the unique programming offered and have the capacity to engage fully in the programme. This includes:
- Vibrant Community: A community using Facebook Groups that has existed for over one year and has a highly engaged member base starting and participating in meaningful conversations.
- Purpose: The community and its leadership team have a clear purpose and vision.
- Capacity: A team that has the capacity to create initiatives that activate and benefit their members.
- Leadership: The leader(s) of the community have leadership experience, including managing teams, projects and volunteers.
- Sustainability: The community is interested in having or already has a business model to cover their costs, even if it isn’t recurring revenue.
- Commitment: A team that is committed to engaging fully in each stage of the programme.
All applications are due by September 10, 2022, and selected communities will be notified in mid-September. The programme will begin in October 2022. Hurry up and apply now here or visit the official website of the programme for more details.
See also, Register for the AR/VR Africa Metathon 2022.