Do you have an interest in Mentoring Software Developers looking to build the next big technology product/solution out of Africa? Cohort 2 of the #BuildforSDG Challenge 2020 program is open to applications for mentors to apply from all over Africa.
About The #BuildforSDGs Challenge 2020
Facebook and Andela have partnered to up-skill developers across Sub-Saharan Africa (Kenya, Uganda, Cameroon, Ghana, Nigeria, and South-Africa) through a six-week immersive program where selected developers will work in agile remote teams to innovate on projects relating to the SDGs.
The goal of the #BuildforSDG Challenge 2020 Program is to empower developers to build global, high value, High impact projects to help improve their market Readiness while learning within the community.
Basically, the organisations believe in the power of working as a community. And as a community, it is looking for mentors to join in supporting/mentoring innovators who will be building the next big technology offering out of Africa through the #BuildforSDG Challenge 2020 Cohort 2 program.
The application process is open to engineers skilled in one or more languages/stacks/frameworks in any of the focus areas: Web, Mobile, Cloud, and DevOps.
As A Volunteer
As a volunteer, you will have the responsibility to;
- Guide and unblock innovators in the program towards building their finished and functional products.
- Review their code and share feedback.
- Share career advancement tips and hacks.
- Host office hours with innovators to see that they complete their projects.
- Motivate Innovators to ensure a 100% program completion.
What The Role Requires
- An attitude of a go-getter plus a being great at motivating
- An advocate of Integrity/Innovation and of course the tech-ecosystem
- Awesome Collaborator
- Availability to commit 4+ a week towards mentoring Innovators
- Great communicator of feedback
Benefits of Volunteering
As a volunteer, some of the benefits include;
For the program, the initiative will prioritise growth opportunities and non-monetary incentives over financial rewards. It will be offering incentives and benefits where necessary on a program-specific basis. These incentives include but are not restricted to:
- Access to curriculum/course content on online learning platforms
- First-hand information on employment opportunities through the Andela Talent Marketplace
- Recommendations and referrals available on request
- Certificate of Participation
- Profile building coaching sessions
What To Expect As A Support For Your Role
Andela and Facebook will also support you during the programs. For instance;
You will be receiving administrative support and oversight from designated Program Assistants (PAs) in charge of your region or city.
More importantly, the Andela Talent Partnerships Team is ultimately responsible for managing the volunteer community. This implies that even when programs are not running, there will be deliberate arrangements to keep every volunteer engaged and supported.
The deadline for application for the #BuildforSDGs Challenge 2020 is July 27, 2020. So, if you have the expertise to serve as a mentor for the developer circle, this is for you. Complete your application using this link bit.ly/mentor2buildforsdg
Let’s create visibility for your brand today and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice among our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.