The West Africa Competitiveness Programme (WACOMP), an initiative of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) and the European Union (EU) is calling for expressions of interest from partner training institutions. This is for business support organisations who can provide business training and coaching to potential entrepreneurs and SMEs in their country.
The West Africa Competitiveness Programme (WACOMP) is a partnership initiative between the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) and the European Union (EU). It has a bearing on regional economic integration and highlights a commitment to the Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA) between the EU and West Africa.
As part of the agreed efforts to improve the performance and growth of enterprises in the ECOWAS countries and strengthen the capacity of business support organisations (BSO) in the field of entrepreneurship training under the WACOMP, the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) and the International Training Centre of the International Labour Organisation (ITCILO) are collaborating to develop and deliver “a business training and coaching programme” to support BSOs working with entrepreneurs and start-ups at various stages of growth.
See Also: Women For The Environment Africa (WE Africa) First Cohort Application Is Ongoing
Objectives Of the Call For Partner Training Institutions
The purpose of the call is to identify and select business support organisations, (one per ECOWAS country plus Mauritania). Organisations interested in collaborating with the WACOMP programme to provide business training and coaching to potential entrepreneurs and SMEs in their country.
For the purpose of this call for proposals, the initiative will consider a BSO to be any public or private organisation. Also, legally registered in an ECOWAS country or Mauritania and providing business support services, e.g. SME development agencies, employer’s organisations, business development services providers, and training institutions.
Additionally, as part of the WACOMP Programme, selected BSO may have the opportunity to participate in other activities related to the promotion of business development and entrepreneurship as for instance:
- Organisation of entrepreneurship awareness activities in the country (business plan competitions, networking activities, business exchanges programmes, etc.)
- Participation in WACOMP programme activities, such as training workshops, study tours, coordination meetings, including outside their country.
- Participation of selected BSOs institutions in the ToT will be financed by the WACOMP programme. BSOs are expected however to contribute on the logistic expenses resulting from the rollout of the training of entrepreneurs ToE in their respective countries; (such as venue facilities, training equipment’s or refreshments provided to participants).
See Also: Epic Pitch – Women In Tech Edition For Female Techpreneurs
Institutions willing to collaborate with the WACOMP programme must meet the following conditions:
- Be a legal person whose headquarters are established in an ECOWAS Member State or Mauritania as defined in its legal statutes; and
- Have as one of its principle activities the provision of business support services to small-scale entrepreneurs (including those operated by youth and women).
See Also: Itanna Accelerator Programme 2020 For Early-Stage Tech-Enabled Startup
How To Apply
You are to submit your application by email to SIYB.Ecowas@gmail.com and mention: “WACOMP_BSO REINFORCEMENT PROGRAMME”.
Candidates institutions must use exclusively the annexed template documents:
- Application form duly filled
- A scanned copy of the Declaration duly signed and stamped
- Submit at least three detailed SIYB trainers application forms and curricula vitae. It can be from nominated staff/ trainers/collaborators willing to participate in the SIYB training of trainers.
The deadline for the application is 17 July 2020 midday UTC. So, if you have an interest in becoming one of the partner training institutions, this is for you. Follow this link to read more and apply; https://www.ecowas.int/event/call-for-expressions-of-interest-for-partner-training-institutions/
Let’s create visibility for your business and put it on the world map today. Contact us now to start.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.