The DSM Brighter Living Scholarship – Nutrition is offering scholarship to entrepreneurs who are improving the agri-food value chain. It is for young leaders from Kenya, Nigeria, Egypt, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, India, Bangladesh, Rwanda and Ethiopia who are delivering nutritional solutions for their communities.
As a longstanding partner of One Young World, DSM is proud to offer the DSM Brighter Living Scholarship – Nutrition for the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich.
DSM supports SDG 2; ending hunger, achieving food security and improved nutrition, and promoting sustainable agriculture. This scholarship supports DSM’s strategy to increase the availability of high-quality affordable and aspirational nutritious foods in low and middle-income countries and is further related to tackling development issues and achieving sustainable agri-food systems.
The food security and livelihood crisis has been amplified by COVID-19 health risk, which is a major health concern and reason for further spurring investment in Nutrition. Immune health has never been more topical as now during the COVID-19 response period. Strong evidence shows that good nutrition is fundamental for a healthy immune system.
In line with the expansion objectives of DSM to support more countries, the scholarship seeks to support two young leaders (aged 18 – 30) from Kenya, Nigeria, Egypt, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, India, Bangladesh, Rwanda and Ethiopia who are delivering nutritional solutions for their communities. Specifically, the scholarship seeks entrepreneurs who are improving the agri-food value chain in one of the following ways:
- Shaping opinions: raising awareness of the importance of a balanced and nutritional diet.
- Building brands: developing responsible and nutritious brands that are attractive and affordable for the communities who need them most (especially those with low income, at base of the pyramid (BoP)).
- Producing locally: sustainably producing local produce or nutritional products to serve local communities.
- Improving smallholder farmers’ value chain: developing/implementing programs to eliminate post-harvest losses for smallholder farmers and improve the quality of their produce (especially elimination of aflatoxin in maize).
As a participant, you will benefit the following;
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 22 and 26 (inclusive) April 2021
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Participation in DSM’s internal onboarding workshops pre-One Young World workshops (with DSM delegation).
To be eligible to receive the scholarship you must be:
- Aged 18 – 30 by the date of the One Young World Summit 2021.
- Be a national of Kenya, Nigeria, Egypt, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, India, Bangladesh, Rwanda or Ethiopia
- Have 3 – 5 years experience work in a business and ideally running your own business.
As a candidate, you will be assessed based on:
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change.
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership.
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues.
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative.
One Young World will actively seek and prioritize applicants with an evidenced commitment to addressing malnutrition in a local or national context. In particular, the scholarship seeks candidates who achieve this through;
- Shaping opinions and advocating for good nutrition.
- Developing nutritional brands
- Locally producing products or produce for local communities.
- Improving smallholder farmer’s value chain.
They are looking for curious and ambitious scholars thinking big on how to impact the agri-foods systems in their home markets to provide nutritious foods.
The application deadline is 10 August 2020 18:00 (BST). So, if you meet the above criteria, apply using this link; https://www.oneyoungworld.com/dsm-brighter-living-scholarship-nutrition
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.