The DSM Brighter Living Scholarship – Resources and Circularity is open to application for young leaders around the world. It is an initiative that aims to create brighter lives for people and generations to come.
As a longstanding partner of One Young World, DSM is proud to support DSM Brighter Living Scholarship – Resources and Circularity. Its purpose is to create brighter lives for people today and generations to come. DSM connects its unique competencies in Life Sciences and Material Sciences to create solutions that nourish, protect, and improve performance.
The scholarship will offer two scholarships to young leaders around the world, who are working to further the transition from a linear to a circular and/or bio-based economy.
About The DSM Brighter Living Scholarship
The scholarship focuses on DSM’s purpose-driven domain, Resources and Circularity. DSM’s ambition is to safeguard the future availability of natural resources and to unlock more value from the limited resources that are available. In order to reach this two-fold goal, DSM focuses on five circularity drivers to design and manufacture its solutions:
- Reduce the use of critical resources.
- Replace scarce, hazardous, and potentially harmful resources with renewable and safer alternatives.
- Extend the lifetime of products.
- Design for recyclability.
- Recover waste streams.
Benefits Of The DSM Brighter Living Scholarship
For the participants, the program offers;
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 22 and 26 (inclusive) April 2021
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Participation in DSM’s internal onboarding workshops pre-One Young World Workshops (with DSM delegation)
To be eligible to receive the scholarship, you must be;
- Between aged 18 – 30.
- Nationals any country.
- 3-5 years of experience in business, and preferably running their own business.
One Young World will assess candidates based on their:
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change.
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership.
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues.
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative solutions
- One Young World will actively seek and prioritize applicants making a positive impact on accelerating the transition towards a circular and/or bio-based economy in one (or more) of the following ways:
- Materials innovation and design: redesigning, or designing new materials by addressing any one (or more) of DSM’s five circularity drivers as outlined above – Reduce, Replace, Extend, Design, Recover
- Entrepreneurship: Contributing to circularity by implementing new business models in the following markets: Buildings (including interior) and construction, Textiles, Heavy Marine & Fishing industry, Electronics, Automotive, Food packaging, 3D printing.
- Advocacy and shaping opinions: raising awareness and having a leading voice in the transition towards a circular and bio-based economy
- Cleanup initiatives: driving clean up initiatives on waste, by not only cleaning up but also by viewing waste as a resource.
- Digitalization: using new technologies to support radical transparency, and to keep materials at their highest utility and value.
The deadline for application is 10 August 2020, 18:00 (BST). If you are a young leader and you meet the above criteria, apply using this link; https://www.oneyoungworld.com/dsm-brighter-living-scholarship-resources-circularity
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.