The 2020 VC4A Venture Showcase Series A is looking for innovative, high-growth scale-ups to showcase their solutions to the world. This opportunity is for you if you are operating in Africa, generating revenue, and looking to raise your Series A round in the range of $500K and $10M.
In 2017-2019, VC4A selected 60 scale-ups from across the continent as part of 4 showcase programs, resulting in a number of Series A deals totaling over $100M. Building on this success, the ‘VC4A Venture Showcase – Series A’ – in collaboration with AWS Activate – is now a central component of its efforts to support investors connecting with high-quality deal flow. This is an exclusive opportunity to introduce companies at once to everyone who’s anyone in Africa’s early-stage investment space.
See Also: The Youth Solutions Report 2020 Calling All Young Leaders – Apply Now
What The Program Offers
By participating in the venture showcase you will enjoy the following offering;
- Recognized as 2020 VC4A Venture Showcase entrepreneur.
- Participation in the VC4A Venture Showcase deal room, including 150+ early-stage investor organizations.
- Professional edited 3-minute virtual pitch.
- 30 Min deep-dive session with investors in a private room.
- Mentorship and pitch training by partner VC investors.
- AWS Activate offers selected cohort AWS credits ranging from $10,000 to $25,000 tools, resources, and more to quickly get started on AWS.
- Joining the alumni network and having exclusive access to fundraising opportunities.
See Also: Global Citizens Innovative Solutions SDGs Challenge #Resolve2Solve – Still Ongoing
You will be eligible for this opportunity, if;
- Your company is for-profit and registered as an independent legal entity;
- You have a product or service available on the market and generate revenue;
- Your product or service is clearly innovative and/or your business model is new, disruptive and designed for scale;
- You have a very strong management team of at least 3 people;
- Your team is based in one or more countries on the African continent;
- At least one of the founders has an African nationality;
- You are seeking Series A investment in the range of $500K – $10M;
- While there will be exceptions, most likely, your startup has already received external investment, structured as either debt or equity, or received grants from donor organizations.
Are you raising a Seed Round between $150K – $750K? Consider applying to the 2020 VC4A Venture Showcase – Seed track. Applications opened in July.
See Also: Seedstars 2020 Migration Challenge For Socially Driven Startups Offering Innovative Solutions
Selection Criteria For 2020 VC4A Venture Showcase Series A
Commercial Value of your Product/Service (25%): Your company addresses a real problem in the market. Your product or service is different from others in the industry. And, your business model is new and designed for scale.
Strategy for Growth (25%): The market size is significant and there is potential to expand locally and into new markets. Your startup is scalable and has a clear strategy for growth. You can show demonstrable progress.
Management Team (25%): Your team has the qualifications needed to make the business successful.
Market Traction & Financials (25%): We will evaluate your market traction, revenue streams, and unit economics. If any outside funding has been raised before, it’s a plus.
What To Do
If you are selected for the Showcase, you are expected to:
- Engage with assigned mentors (partner VC investors) and VC4A team to prepare your 3-minute and 20-minute presentations, as well as 2-pagers with investor data as part of the deal book;
- Be prepared to pitch and engage with VC investors in the period of October – November 2020 and be part of the VC4A Venture Showcase.
See Also: Young Professional Development Program (YPDP) Of OPEC Fund For International Development 2020
Timeline – 2020 VC4A Venture Showcase – Series A
- Jun 16 – Aug 14 Application period
- Aug 14 – Sep 14 Selection process/investor review/interviews
- Sep 15 Showcase participants selection
- Sept 15 – Oct 11 Mentorship program with VC investors
- Oct 1 – Oct 11 Technical sessions with VC investors
- Mid Oct Launch of VC4A Venture Showcase – Series A deal room to 300+ VC investors
- Oct – Nov Ongoing showcase to VC4A investor network.
The deadline for the VC4A Venture Showcase – Series A is 14 August 2020. So, if you meet with the above criteria and are ready to showcase your solutions to the world, this is for you. Apply using this link. https://vc4a.com/vc4a/2020-vc4a-venture-showcase-series-a/
At Entrepreneurs.ng, we put your business on the world map by telling your brand story. This increases your visibility, sales, and revenue. Contact us today.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.