The 2020 Migration Challenge global call for application is ongoing. This is for socially driven start-ups that offer innovative solutions that bridge the information gaps in the global migration system.
The program is an initiative of Seedstars in partnership with the International Organisation of Employers (IOE) and the Business Advisory Group of Migration. It is looking at rewarding innovative early-stage Human Resources, FinTech, CivicTech, and EdTech start-ups with solution-oriented products to improve migration systems that respond to labour market needs.
The solutions should assist with better matching of the employment sectors facing skills shortages with trained regular migrant workers – ex-pats, temporary workers, seasonal workers, intra-company transferees. The solutions should also provide ways for governments to share information and best practices to improve their policies. Finally, they should provide migrant workers with access to financial, educational, and labour mobility services.
See Also: Young Professional Development Program (YPDP) Of OPEC Fund For International Development 2020
Application Criteria For The 2020 Migration Challenge
Your application must comply with the following criteria:
- Your start-up must be an existing solution under 4 years of existence
- The start-up must be a pre-seed, seed, or early-stage start-up with a minimum viable product (MVP).
- Have a maximum of USD 500,000 of funding to date.
- Primary users of the product should be governments, employers, and migrant workers.
See Also: Ignite Innovation Lab 2020 For Young Innovative Africans
The 2020 Migration challenge selection process are highlighted in the following steps;
- Application process opens July 6, 2020
- Application process closes August 25, 2020
- Finalist to be announced September 2020
- Winner to be chosen in January 2021. Then, finalists will pitch for the prize during the 13 GFMD Summit, to be held in Dubai in January 2021.
- Winner to take part in Global Seedstars’ Summit 2021 April 2021
See Also: Online Seedstars World Competition 2020/2021 For Startups
Seedstars is the leading emerging market start-up community and investor and works in partnership with the International Organisation of Employers (IOE), the largest network of the private sector in the world representing the interests of employers in social and labour matters at the international level. Also, they work with the Business Advisory Group on Migration, the private sector network that provides input to the global migration debate taking place across a range of platforms, including at the Global Forum on Migration and Development (GFMD).
The deadline for the 2020 Migration Challenge is August 25, 2020. If you are a socially driven start-up, this is for you. Apply using this link https://migrationchallenge.seedstars.com/
At Entrepreneurs.ng, we put your business on the world map by telling your brand story. This increases your visibility, sales, and revenue. Contact us today.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.
1 thought on “Seedstars 2020 Migration Challenge For Socially Driven Startups Offering Innovative Solutions”