Application for the Ekiti Enterprise Challenge 2020 competition for young entrepreneurs who are residents in Ekiti state is ongoing. This program comes with the aim to restore Ekiti Values by raising the next generation of young entrepreneurs who will make Ekiti great again.
It is for sustainable businesses with the potential to create decent jobs and economic growth which are in line with the UN SDGs 1, 8, 9,11 & 17. So, if you have great business ideas and you are based in Ekiti State, Nigeria, this is for you. Apply now.
See Also: Vital Voices (VV) GROW Fellowship 2021 For Women In Business
About Ekiti Enterprise Challenge 2020
Ekiti Enterprise Challenge (EEC 2020) is a Social Impact Driven Community based enterprise pitch competition. It is designed to be an annual event for brilliant creative, gifted, talented, and innovative entrepreneurs who reside and are established in Ekiti Communities. It is for those with business ideas that have the potential to create decent work and sustainable jobs, grow exponentially, and scale beyond Ekiti local market to a national and global market.
Basically, the vision and impact deliverable of Ekiti Enterprise Challenge is to identify, discover, support and mentor creative and innovative young Ekiti entrepreneurs. The plan is to hold the Challenge during the UN Global Entrepreneurship Week between November 16 – 22, 2020.
See Also: ITU Digital World 2020 SME Virtual Awards For Tech SMEs With Innovative Solutions
The winning enterprise will receive a Grant Prize of One Million Naira (N1, 000,000). Then, 3 runner ups will receive consolation Prizes of Five Hundred Thousand Naira (N500,000), Three Hundred Thousand Naira (N300,000), and Two Hundred Thousand Naira (N200,000) respectively.
To be eligible for the Ekiti Enterprise Challenge 2020, you must meet the following criteria;
- Your business must be established and resident in Ekiti State
- Be a young entrepreneur resident in Ekiti State within age (18 to 35)
- Your business must have passed through the ideation stage, be at least 12 months old, and already generating revenue
- You must have innovative products & services with a sustainable business model that has the potential to grow exponentially and scale beyond the local market to national & global market
- Your business must have been registered with CAC and must have a corporate bank account with a corporate governance structure.
- You have a clear business model with leadership capacity to deliver the proposed business value proposition
See Also: Enterprise Singapore Energy Open Innovation Challenge For Startups And SMEs
Your business should also be in any of the following categories;
- Innovation Technology
- Agriculture & Food Processing
- Fashion Designing
- Tourism, & Hospitality
- Art & Crafts
- Shoes and Leather Works Production
- Furniture & Upholstery
- Interior Designs & Decorations
- Confectionaries & Event Management
- Entertainment & Music Productions
- Green Enterprises, Waste Management & Recycling
Ekiti Enterprise Challenge 2020 Timeline
- September 1 – 30, 2020 – Application opens
- October 2020 – Review and shortlisting of applications by a group of Independent Business Development Consultants
- November 2020 – 5-days Bootcamp program for the selected applicants, for grooming for the final stage of the pitch competition
- November 2020 – Final Pitching of ideas to a team of Board of Judges, and selection of winners.
See Also: The Aggregator 2020 – International Start-Up Vs Matchmaking Competition
The deadline for the Ekiti Enterprise Challenge 2020 is September 30, 2020. If you are a young entrepreneur based in Ekiti State, Nigeria and you meet with all the listed eligible criteria, learn more and apply using this link; https://ekitienterprisechallenge.org/application-guideline/
Let’s create visibility for your brand today and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice among our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.
1 thought on “Ekiti Enterprise Challenge 2020 For Young Entrepreneurs”
This is a very good and laudable idea that may bring out great minds in the state of Ekiti. However, I am concern about how the process will be kept to avoid stealing of another person’s idea.
I want to suggest that those appointed to be in charge of this exercise should develop a protocol that will safeguard the secrets of the contestant’s information.
It will be disheartening to see your business idea or prototype on the street before you launch it.
Thanks you all for what you do to make Ekiti one of the industrial states in Nigeria. This is baby step and it worth it.