Applications are open for the Facebook Community Accelerator Program 2021. Facebook says that the program aims to help community leaders with thriving communities on Facebook Groups to take full advantage of their communities and turn their ideas into impactful action.
If you run a group on Facebook with thriving participants, you can now apply to the Facebook accelerator program 2021 and stand the chance to be selected for training, mentorship, and funds that will help you extend the positive impact of your community.
What You Stand To Gain
Training And Coaching
You will go through a training and coaching experience where you will learn how to organise and strengthen your community. You will get trained on how to use strategies like one-on-one coaching, custom training, and meaningful partnerships.
Access To New Products
Additionally, if you are selected for the Facebook Accelerator program, you will be part of an exclusive list of people who will get first access to Facebook products that will help you activate and manage your community better.
For this accelerator program, Facebook is collaborating with GlobalGiving to fund community leaders that are selected for the accelerator program with funding of up to $50,000 to help you finance your community’s initiatives. Additionally, some communities will be selected to receive a part of $1 million in funding.
Who Can Apply?
- Facebook Groups community leaders that are at least 18 years of age or older and reside in the following countries: Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Peru, Mexico, Brazil, United States, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, United Kingdom, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, South Africa, Kenya, Nigeria, Egypt, Morocco & India. Communities must have existed for over one year and must have a minimum size of 1,000 members.
- Participants in other Facebook programs are welcome to apply as long as they meet the program requirements.
- Participants of the 2020 Community Accelerator are not eligible to apply.
Community leaders who are looking to apply for the Facebook Accelerator program have to be in charge of groups that fulfill the following requirements:
- Vibrant Community: An existing community using Facebook Groups that has an engaged member base and has existed for over one year.
- Purpose: The community and it’s leadership team has a clear purpose and vision.
- Capacity: A team that has the capacity to create meaningful initiatives that activate their members.
- Leadership: The leader(s) of the community have leadership experience, including managing teams, projects and volunteers.
- Sustainability: The community is interested in having or already has a business model to cover their costs, even if it isn’t recurring revenue.
- Commitment: A team that is committed to engage fully in each stage of the program.
- Real-World Impact: The community rallies together to turn impactful ideas into action that benefit its members and larger society.
How To Apply
To apply for the Facebook Community Accelerator program, kindly click on this link to visit the official application portal.
The deadline for applications for this program is 31 May, 2021.
We have 35 booming business ideas and step-by-step guides to start them. It’s a strategic and financial breakdown of the most lucrative businesses in Nigeria. Get it now and start building the business of your dream.
Let’s create visibility for your brand today and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice among our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.