Generation Africa, a partnership initiative has announced a call for applications for agriculture entrepreneurs to stand a chance to win $50,000 in the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize 2021.
The Prize aims to identify and fund African agribusinesses with solutions that bring innovation, passion and technology to agriculture and the food business in Africa.
Apply for the chance to be one of the two winners of $50,000 as the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize 2021 seeks to enable one woman entrepreneur and one male entrepreneur with the necessary funds to transform the agri-food business in Africa.
In a statement published on its official website, Generation Africa, sponsors of the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize 2021 said, “We need strong agriculture and food businesses to grow our communities and economies as we recover from the pandemic. We want to support YOUR businesses, so you can lead the way.”
Who Can Apply
- Applicants must be aged 35 or below on the date of submission to the competition, and is legally recognised as an adult in country of nationality
- You must be a citizen (with an official ID) of a country which is a member of the African Union
- Entrepreneur is the founder/co-founder of the venture he/she represents in the competition and plays an active role in its operations and leadership
- Applicants should have no criminal record related to corruption, tax evasion, financial impropriety, felony or other offence, and will provide a signed declaration to that effect, if requested
- Your company must be legally registered in a country which is a member of the African Union or will have commenced with the registration of such a legal entity prior to 18 July 2021
- The organisation with which you are apply must be headquartered in a country which is a member of the African Union
- Your company should be designed to be financially sustainable, either as a for-profit business or a non-profit generating some revenue and aiming not to be dependent on donor funding
- The organisation must play a role in the agri-food sector and/or supports the development of the agri-food sector through an innovation or process improvement
Areas Of Focus
- The agri-food sector may be defined as businesses including:
- Agri-food research & development
- Primary food production (farming)
- Crop nutrition
- Mechanisation, automation, or robotics, including drones
- Crop protection
- Hydroponics or urban farming
- Transport, distribution, storage, or logistics
- Food processing
- Packaging or marketing
- Food retail or service
- Waste management or recycling
- Digital or technology solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Innovative finance solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Renewable energy or environmental solutions/services to the agri-food sector
How To Apply
To apply for the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize 2021, kindly click here to visit the official application portal.
Applications for the challenge will close in June 2021.
We have 35 booming business ideas and step-by-step guides to start them. It’s a strategic and financial breakdown of the most lucrative businesses in Nigeria. Get it now and start building the business of your dream.
Let’s create visibility for your brand today and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice among our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.