FRAGG Investment Management is calling for applications for the FRAGG Impact Growth Accelerator Programme. This is an opportunity for SMEs in West Africa to benefit from a real-time business development program, and improve their businesses.
About FRAGG Impact Growth Accelerator Programme
The FRAGG Impact Growth Accelerator Programme (FIGAP) is an initiative structured, in partnership with the African Guarantee Fund. The aim is to close the funding gap for SMEs in West Africa, by providing support to companies and projects in the impact and climate sectors that are at the expansion stage, in order to prepare them for the financing needed to scale.
It is designed as a business development program to provide support to participants with business strategies, growth, and scalability tools required to become investment-ready. The program serves to facilitate enhanced access to finance needed to scale-up and build a successful lasting business structure.
Moreso, the program will culminate in a networking event with investors, business leaders, and corporate decision-makers in order to foster interaction with prospective investors.
What to Expect
If you are thinking of participating in this program, some of what to expect include;
- Business Assessment; An accelerated proposal assessment program to help you determine the suitability of your business for financing
- Company Support; A tailored support in capacity building, and preparing a clear plan of how you can scale and access capital
- Mentorship; Access to mentors and industry experts to offer you advice
- Investment Support: Access to a pool of potential financiers and investors, with support in identification of, access to, and engagement with potential and relevant investors. Additionally, an opening for the provision of the African Guarantee Fund (AGF) guarantee, and you can have access to funding from the FRAGG Impact Fund.
FRAGG Impact Growth Accelerator Programme Curriculum
The curriculum include;
- Strategic Business Planning | Financial Management | Capital Raising
- Product Development | Market Expansion
- Risk Management | Internal Audit | Control
- ESG Evaluation, Monitoring, & Reporting
FRAGG is seeking per cohort. It is seeking 20 ambitious, innovative, and growth-stage impact businesses that are committed to combining financial returns with discernible social and/or environmental impact. Your business must:
- For-profit, post-revenue business seeking a minimum of 250,000 USD as growth-funding
- Have at least 75% of its activities in West Africa (applications from Nigeria, Benin, and Togo will be prioritised)
- Have existed for at least three years
- Also, have a full-time dedicated, diverse and inclusive management/staff with a reasonable ratio of women and youth
- Have a scalable and innovative social impact business
- Have a turnover of at least 1 million USD
- Be open to raising external investment
Target Impact Sectors
Inclusive Finance & Related FinTech Services: Including Microfinance/SME Banks, Finance Houses, OFIs, Commercial Banks, Payment Solutions, and other Financial Technology Solutions.
Agriculture Agribusinesses covering the entire agriculture value chain, including but not limited to food production especially small-holder farming, food processing and storage, packaging, distribution (transportation and haulage), and wholesale/retail market (export or domestic).
Healthcare & related services
From diagnosis to treatment and core areas of health management and prevention, including but not limited to general and specialised hospitals, primary health care centres, pharmaceuticals, HMOs, and health technology.
Housing projects that increase access to practical and viable housing especially for earners on the lower end of the spectrum. Sustainable and energy-efficient housing projects are of particular interest.
Projects covering climate mitigation, adaptation, and REDD+ (reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation). Projects including but not limited to Renewable Energy, Lower Carbon & Efficient Energy Generation, Waste Management & Recycling, Non-Energy GHG Reductions, Sustainable Transportation, Water & Waste Water Systems, and Coastal & Riverine Infrastructure.
Inclusive education models with projects covering low-fee private education in preparatory, primary, secondary, tertiary, and vocational institutions, education technology (EdTech), educational infrastructure, and related services.
Are you ready to accelerate your business to success? Register for the FRAGG Impact Growth Accelerator Programme before the deadline August 31, 2020. Use this link to access the application form: https://www.fragginvest.com/accelerator-programme/#form
Let’s create visibility for your brand today and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice among our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.