Igho Sanomi is the CEO and Chairman of Taleveras Group, a privately owned business conglomerate in Africa. He is also a co-owner of the Dickson Sanomi Foundation. Igho Sanomi is a businessman, geologist, motivational speaker and philanthropist whose business interest cuts across telecommunications, shipping, aviation and real estate investments worldwide.
See Also: Resources that will help you start, market and grow a sustainable business.
Igho Sanomi Background.
Sanomi was born on the 17th of May 1975 to Dickens Ogheneruemu Patrick Sanomi and Mabel Iyabo Sanomi in Agbor, Delta State, Nigeria. He is from a devout Catholic family and the fifth child and first son of his parents. His late father was a retired Assistant Inspector General of the Nigerian Police Force (AIG). His mother, a former nurse is the yeye jemo (tribal chief) of the Isotun Ijesha kingdom in Osun State. Sanomi had his BSc. in geology and mining at the University of Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria.
See Also: Young entrepreneurs in Nigeria across different industries.
Igho Sanomi Early Career.
Igho Sanomi commenced his career immediately after his graduation as the co-founder and Executive Director of Sarian Oil, an oil company with its core operations in West Africa. As the executive director, he made trading operations better through his negotiations for export and delivery of fuel-oil from West Africa to the United States Gulf Coast. He was able to secure a partnership with a major international oil trading group in Zug, Switzerland. The partnership resulted in the importation and exportation of refined petroleum products to and fro West Africa.
See Also: List of famous entrepreneurs in Nigeria and their entrepreneurial journey.
Taleveras Group was founded by Igho Sanomi in 2004. The company makes investments that support Africa’s journey to becoming one of the world’s largest economies. It is a leading global energy and services company, with interests and operations in the upstream, midstream, downstream and power sector of the energy industry in Nigeria. The company has operations in Asia, Europe, and Africa.
Taleveras offers a wide range of integrated and strategic solutions in the energy and power sector. Each year, volumes of Crude oil, Gasoline, Jet fuels, LPG, Gasoil and Petrochemicals are sold in millions. It was one of the Nigerian companies that received oil-lifting contracts in the federal government’s bid, through the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). Taleveras partnered with Alstom Group to rebuild and expand the 900megawatt Afam power plant in Rivers State, after acquiring it on the 30th of July 2013.
The agreement was signed by Patrick Kron, chairman and chief executive (président-directeur général) of the Alstom group. This agreement was made in the presence of former Nigerian president Goodluck Jonathan, Nigeria business leaders and members of the international business community in Lagos, Nigeria.
The Dickens Sanomi Foundation.
The Dickens Sanomi Foundation in a non-governmental organization (NGO) founded in 2011, by Igho Charles Sanomi II and his siblings to honor the life of their late father, Dickens Oghenereumu Patrick Sanomi. They use the foundation as a medium to fulfill their father’s desire to alleviate socio-economic hardship across Nigeria.
The foundation focuses on promoting access to education, assisting children and youths from vulnerable backgrounds and also empowering them with the knowledge they need to secure a bright future for themselves.
The foundation’s activities are limited to Nigeria, and it is funded by the Taleveras Group and the Midel Group. The trustees believe that through productive partnerships with other charitable and commercial organizations, other African countries would also benefit from the foundation’s philanthropic activities.
Igho Sanomi’s Philanthropic Activities.
- Igho Sanomi organizes an annual Essay Competition for secondary schools in Nigeria through the Dickens Sanomi foundation. The winner of the competition gets a scholarship, while the school would receive grants to get facilities like computer and laboratory equipments.
- The Dickens Sanomi Foundation supports the ‘Abuja for Children project’ by sending children from less privileged backgrounds to the Strauss School of music and dance. The foundation provides them with musical instruments and free tuition. Each season of the ‘Abuja for Children project’ is rounded off by a concert featuring ensemble pieces, solos, dance, and even opera.
- Creative writing workshops held in Abuja gives young, aspiring writers the opportunity to improve in their craft with the help of already established authors and professionals in the industry.
- The Dickens Sanomi Foundation provided relief items for areas affected by natural disasters and also evacuated about 12300 flood victims from Bayelsa and Delta State, Nigeria, and accommodated them in special relief camps. The foundation was able to save thousands of lives through this act.
- Lifeline Care Association – Taleveras Group is one of the main corporate sponsors of this organization’s activities. Lifeline care association is committed to securing human life and national development. This is reflected in their provision of medical support to victims of road traffic accidents and other activities like organizing seminars, workshops to sensitize people, donating first aid materials to some care centers and donating road traffic safety signs.
- Taleveras Group has been a huge source of support to the Global Initiative for Peace, Love, and Care (GIPLC). The initiative takes care of the needs of orphans and vulnerable children in Nigeria by making food, medical assistance and learning materials available to them. Taleveras group carried out the Food for One Million, Save a Child and Child Education Support projects through the Global Initiative for Peace, Love, and Care (GIPLC).
- Igho Sanomi gave the Delta State Sports Commissioner, Amaju Pinnick, $10million to show his support towards the first Africa Youth Athletics Championships in Warri in 2010.
- Sanomi took part in the 2010 Kaduna International Polo Tournament and then sponsored the 2011 Kaduna Polo tournament via Taleveras.
- Taleveras DMCC, Sanomi’s Dubai- based trading company has helped Bobby Moore Fund raise $1.5 million since partnering with the foundation.
Igho Sanomi’s Awards and Recognitions.
- Honorary chair of the Martin Luther King, Jr. International Salute Committee, succeeding the late Ade Adefuye.
- Honorary citizenship in the U.S. state of Georgia.
- Lifeline Care Association awarded the Taleveras Group with a Certificate of Merit for Humanitarianism in 2006.
- Male Entrepreneur of the Year at the Federal Capital Territory Business Excellence Awards, by the Abuja Enterprise Agency (AEA), Department of International Development (DFID) and the Federal Capital Territory Administration in 2007.
- Forbes Magazine acknowledged him as “One of the new generation of young professionals in Nigeria who are establishing themselves as young leaders of the private sector business community” in 2007.
- Mode Men Magazine named him “Young Entrepreneur of the Year” in 2008.
- Global Initiative for Peace, Love, and Care (GIPLC) gave him an “Award of Excellence” in 2010.
- Mode Men Magazine named him as the “Young Humanitarian of the Year” in 2012.
- Nigeria Advancement Awards honored him as the “Oil and Gas Man of the Year” in 2013.
- Appointed to Nigeria-South Africa Business Council by the Nigerian Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment in 2013.
- M.C. Ebo Award for Leadership and Service in 2014.
- Lifetime GIPLC Eguono Award in 2014.
- Africa’s Emerging Community Development Icon Award in 2014.
- Martin Luther King Legacy Award for Service and Philanthropy in 2015.
- Appointed to the West Africa Book Development Fund Advisory Board in 2015.
- “Worthy Ambassador Award” from the University of Jos Alumni Association.
Let’s create visibility for your brand and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice for our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.