Innovate For Africa 2021 is currently looking for leaders to build a brighter future for Nigeria through innovation. Applications are now open for the January 2021 cycle.
If you are an aspiring entrepreneur or innovator, this is for you.
About Innovate For Africa 2021
Innovate for Africa (IFA) is a program that inspires and trains aspiring African entrepreneurs and then provides them the opportunity to work at a startup with continuous support. Its mission is to create the next generation of African innovators while supporting existing innovators, strengthening the whole innovation ecosystem.
See Also: Nigerian Bankers Committee Host Webinars On Creating Access To Resources For SME Growth
Innovate For Africa 2021 Cycle is open to aspiring innovators who;
- Aspire to be entrepreneurs or innovators.
- Who are adaptable and flexible to work in a start-up environment
- You have proficiency in a hard skill (coding, digital marketing, data analysis, finance or product management)
- Grit – You persevere and are passionate about a long-term and ambitious goal.
- Growth-Mindset – You react to failure as an opportunity to grow.
- Self-learners – You are always identifying opportunities to learn.
See Also: Swiss Re Foundation 2021 Entrepreneurs For Resilience Award
How It Works
If you are selected to join other IFA Fellows for the January 2021 Cycle, you must be able to:
- Devote around 20 hours a week for in-class Innovation Readiness training in January 2021 as well as additional hours to produce assignments (10 – 15 hours).
- Attend monthly 2-hour professional development after the Innovation Readiness training for the rest of the 1-year fellowship.
- Be available to work full-time if matched at a start-up for a subsidized rate of at least (100,000 nairas/month) for the remainder of the 1-year fellowship.
- Have steady internet for asynchronous and synchronous online training as well as possible remote work
- Approximately 40GBs per month
- Pay a small commitment fee that will be returned upon completion of the training.
See Also: The Key Natural Resources That Determine The Strength Of The Nigerian Economy
How To Apply
To apply, provide;
- Short answer and background information
- 10 multiple-choice questions to learn more about who you are.
Long Essay Response:
- Why do you want to be an IFA Fellow? How does it fit with your future goals? What relevant activities or learning have you done up to this point to meet your goal?
- Describe how you are an innovator and give specific examples – why do you want to be an IFA Fellow?
- Resume – State the work/extracurriculars/creative experience you’ve had and what skills you acquired during those experiences.
- Contact Information of Professional Reference – from a professor or employer who can vouch for why you would be a suitable candidate.
See Also: 35 Booming Business Ideas And Step-By-Step Guides On How To Start Them
Innovate For Africa 2021 Timeline
- Oct. 30, 2020 – Application Deadline
- Nov. 16 – 20, 2020 – Group Virtual Interviews
- November 30 – Dec. 11, 2020 – Individual Virtual Interviews
- Dec. 14, 2020 – Notification of Acceptance
- Jan. 4, 2021 – Start of the Innovation –Readiness Training
- Match Day – Interview with employers and begin of placement
See Also: IRTI Smart Economy Grants 2020 To Promote Tech-Based Development Solutions
The deadline for applications for the Innovator For Africa 2021 and become an IFA Fellow is October 30, 11:59 PM (GMT+1/WAT). If you find interest in it, you can apply here; https://www.innovate4africa.org/fellow
Let’s create visibility for your brand and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice for our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.