The International Youth Day Innovation Challenge 2020, an initiative of the Nigerian Youth SDGs and Oxfam Nigeria is open to applications from young leaders. This is an opportunity to share your impact stories and win up to 300,000 Naira in Cash Prizes.
Basically, it is for youth social entrepreneurs (15-35) to share how their social enterprise contributes to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals.
This year, the United Nation’s International Youth Day 2020 is focused on “Youth Engagement for Global Action” and explores medium to engage youth from the local level to the global level. There is no doubt that the COVID-19 pandemic has proven to be a serious challenge but it has also presented an opportunity, notably for several young people in Nigeria and Africa to develop innovative solutions; adopt creative mechanism and rebrand to meet the numerous needs of their peers which in these situations have helped place their communities ahead of the curve, improving processes and providing lifesaving systems.
As we evolve into the “new normal”; young leaders, social change agents, innovators, and builders will need all the support they can get to build back better and help achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). As a result, the NGYouthSDGs and Oxfam Nigeria are launching the International Youth Day Innovation Challenge 2020 (#IYDInnovationChallenge).
Purpose Of The International Youth Day Innovation Challenge 2020
The essence of the challenge is to;
- Build stories of resilience and societal impact from social enterprises.
- Identify viable and sustainable social enterprises based on a new potential solution that can address gaps in the Innovation Challenge
- Connect solutions and founders to funding, mentorship and long term engagement with NGYouthSDGs, Oxfam and our partners
- Build entrepreneurial experience and connections to propel changemakers on the journey to the next level.
- Support and empower youth-led social enterprises and entrepreneurs in improving the lives of vulnerable communities and building back better
Benefits Of The International Youth Day Innovation Challenge 2020
The top 3 winners will be selected by a team of judges from NGYouthSDGs and Oxfam and, receive total award of 300,000 (Naira).
Also, Enterprise & Impact stories of the top 3 finalists will be documented via a video series and also published on NGYouthSDGs and Oxfam Nigeria platforms.
The initiative will focus on the following areas;
Agriculture / AgriTech, Information Technology (IT), Renewable Energy, Education, Health, Gender Equality, Inequalities, and Waste Recycling
You are eligible to apply if you are;
- Young persons between the age of 17 – 35
- Leads (team member of) a social enterprise; (Female-led Enterprise are encouraged to apply)
- Already implementing your idea within the past 1 year(Proof of concept)
Application evaluation will be on;
- Problem-solving/Meeting an identified need
- Scalability & growth potential
How To Enter The International Youth Day Innovation Challenge 2020
To participate in the challenge;
- Make a video pitch explaining your social enterprise (video should be maximum of 2 minutes)
- Post on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #IYDInnovationChallenge #IYD2020 and tag @NGYouthSDGs and @OxfamInNigeria
The deadline for the Nigeria International Youth Day Innovation Challenge 2020 (#IYDInnovationChallenge) is August 9, 2020. So, if you have an interest in this, apply now.
Let’s create visibility for your brand today and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice among our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.