The Young SDG Innovators Program, an initiative of the UN Global Compact is calling for application from young talents in order to cultivate the next generation of changemakers. This is a development program designed to accelerate business innovation to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
It aims to activate future business leaders and changemakers and challenge them to rethink traditional business models and unlock new business opportunities.
About The Young SDG Innovators Program
The Young SDG Innovators Program is an opportunity for participating companies of the UN Global Compact to identify young talent within their organizations; to collaborate and accelerate business innovation towards the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The ten-month accelerator program activates future business leaders and changemakers to develop and drive innovative solutions through new technologies, initiatives, and business models and delivers on their company’s sustainability objectives.
What To Expect
During accelerator program, selected young professionals (“Innovators”) from UN Global Compact participating companies will;
- Connect to enterprising young professionals in-country and from around the world to leverage the Sustainable Development Goals as a catalyst for the development of new products and services relevant to their business.
- Collaborate with thought leaders in a series of team exercises and interactive learning opportunities involving real-world challenges, peer feedback and sparring, and mentoring and coaching.
- Build organizational learning skills that will enable employees across different functions to develop innovative solutions to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals through new technologies, initiatives, and business models.
Benefits Of The Young SDG Innovators Program
The Young SDG Innovators Program is designed to engage your company’s brightest and best talent in not only advancing your sustainability efforts but driving innovation and delivering tangible solutions with potential market value for your company.
As a participant, some of the benefits include;
- Learning and development resources; A comprehensive curriculum with a blend of learning opportunities including online and in-person workshops, case studies, company visits, and forum discussions.
- Professional experience; Connect with other business units and collaborate on innovative projects relative to the company and industry.
- Coaching, mentoring, and peer-to-peer networking opportunities. Build working relationships and learn from some of the brightest minds working on sustainability and innovation from around the world.
- Be part of a global network of leading young professionals from some of the top companies across every continent
Company Benefits include;
- Accelerate integration of the SDGs into your company’s business strategy through collaboration, innovation, and knowledge sharing.
- Create a culture of innovation to address the SDGs and showcase the program’s tangible outputs and results.
- Increase employee engagement and professional development opportunities for valued talent, including; 1.) High-quality, cutting-edge and inspirational workshops from thought-leaders in the sustainability and disruptive technology fields. 2.) Opportunities to provide mentorship and leadership in the program, collaborate with innovation experts and share best practices. 3.) Tools, resources, and expertise by some of the leading innovative companies.
- Gain global recognition for participation in the program.
As a participating company of the UN Global Compact and your Global Compact Local Network, your company is eligible to nominate high-performing young professionals for the program. It is designed to target;
- High-performing employees as a participating company of the UN Global Compact.
- 35 years or younger
- Interest in business model innovation, sustainability and disruptive technologies
- Call for nominations: May 2020 – November 2020
- Programme begins: January 2021
- Programme ends: October 2021
Companies must be located in one of the following countries to be eligible: Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, India, Kenya, Lebanon, Mexico, Nigeria, Norway, Philippines, South Africa, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom.
The deadline for the Young SDG Innovators Program is November 2020. If you want to nominate someone, you can contact the Global Compact Local Network in your country to learn more or use this link. https://www.unglobalcompact.org/sdgs/young-sdg-innovators
Let’s create visibility for your brand today and put your business on the world map. Contact us today to make your brand the preferred choice among our audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
To keep track of our activities, follow us on Instagram.